PDA

View Full Version : Type Rate? Learjet 45...

Martin4
4th Apr 2006, 16:12
If i get into the industry i dont really mind what aircraft i fly for what ever airline.

But one company stands out (everyone has there favourite aircraft, mine is learjet 45 :ok:), GoldAir.

They fly the Learjet 45, i was wondering if a type rating is needed to fly them?

Superpilot
4th Apr 2006, 19:27
Aaaah so innocent, so eager, so picky! :ooh:

Yes they do require a type rating.

Miles Magister
4th Apr 2006, 21:07
I believe that Gold Air do not need a type rating as they put several people through the FS course recently. I also hear they are looking for a couple of FOs at the moment.

Martin4
4th Apr 2006, 22:05
Aaaah so innocent, so eager, so picky! :ooh:
lol,
so innocent: maby
so eager: very
so picky: not at all, i bet you have a favourite aircraft, mine is the Learjet 45 which is why i asked the question ;). Like i said, if i get into the industry i dont mind what i fly. imho the time to be picky is years into the industry, but thats just my oppinion.

Thanks for the info Miles.

Looooong haul
5th Apr 2006, 08:03
But one company stands out

Based purely on the aircraft type they fly??

Martin4
5th Apr 2006, 08:55
Based purely on the aircraft type they fly??
correct. I was just doing research on UK companys that have Learjet 45 in there fleet, out of all the companys i looked at (did look at companys that i knew did not fly learjet) this one stood out because of the aircraft i was looking for;).

speech
5th Apr 2006, 11:02
If you do get into the industry, you'll quickly find out that it's not the aircraft that matters, but the terms...

Looooong haul
5th Apr 2006, 12:05
100% agree with speech...

Martin4
5th Apr 2006, 12:43
I agree to.

Im simply interested in the Learjet 45 and wondered if a type rate was needed :)

biggles190
5th Apr 2006, 12:48
I would have thought good, safe aircraft from a safety conscious company came first with $$$ a close second?
Maybe I'm gettin old and senile!

speech
5th Apr 2006, 14:15
By terms, I don't only mean $$$. It's the whole picture that matters: $$$ of course, but also the way you're treated and everything else (maintenance, support...).

flyboyike
5th Apr 2006, 22:00
I agree to.

Im simply interested in the Learjet 45 and wondered if a type rate was needed :)

Anything that burns kerosene and has no props needs a type rating (see FAR 61.31). Anything with an MTOW of greater than 12,500 lbs needs one too (ditto).