PDA

View Full Version : French ATC strikes - any dates?

goshdarnit
4th Apr 2006, 13:17
All, don't know where to post this question, so presumably it will be moved to its correct home.

Have the French ATC announced planned strike dates or is it all ad hoc?
I have already lost one flight this year (BRS-MAD March7) and I have imminent return flights BRS-BCN and BCN-EAP and given todays events (mass flight cancellations by FR et al) it is concerning me.
Do they announce these things in advance? I ask as I recall that in the UK various unions (Tube strike, various rail disputes) have told people ahead of time (probably as a negotiating ploy but at least still helpful).

Any insight would be gratefully rec'd...

GDI

radeng
4th Apr 2006, 16:17
My French colleagues suggest Tuesdays and Thursdays are preferred strike days in France....

bobdbuilder
4th Apr 2006, 19:43
Well, today we had to re route around france (not a small country to go around :) ) in order to be able to leave cause our departure slot was going backwards and backwards and backwards.... it all happened ad hoc as we had no indication of slot till we started boarding passengers.

bob

kaikohe76
5th Apr 2006, 08:53
I can only agree totally with the comments & views expressed by Philip Meeson of Jet 2. Pity some of our leaders & others in charge here & there, can't show the same backbone to speak out as well & state the obvious.
Well done Philip Meeson

bealine
5th Apr 2006, 11:27
I can only agree totally with the comments & views expressed by Philip Meeson of Jet 2. Pity some of our leaders & others in charge here & there, can't show the same backbone to speak out as well & state the obvious.
Well done Philip Meeson

Nice to see there are still some "Thickies" out there who never progress beyond Page 3 of "The Sun"!!!

The "backbone", as you call it, belongs to the French - Britain, and almost every other country in Europe have allowed themselves to be tied firmly to the EC's Brussels Apron Strings!

Only the French, as a united nation, dare to stand up to them!

Why should any of us tolerate bankrupt pension schemes and job insecurity?

For once, I fully support the "mounseers" on these issues!

kaikohe76
5th Apr 2006, 14:36
Oh Dear, Did I upset you, oops, so very sorry young man or woman, or possibly a little of each!
At least you read my post, so I suppose I must appreciate that.
By the way, when you refer to us`Thickies`, are you by chance looking into the mirror when you have your morning shave, or have you not reached that maturity as yet!

bealine
5th Apr 2006, 18:14
Sorry kaikohe76, I didn't intend to be quite so insulting - I had a rough night shift dealing with a cancelled French flight and I felt angry at the perceived notion that you couldn't see beyond the blinkered lies spoon-fed to us by the British media!

Annoying though it is that the French always pick holiday times to walk out, on this occasion they are entirely justified for doing so. Indeed, had the British people taken to the streets en-masse when the first company scrapped its final salary pension scheme, Gordon Brown wouold have had to abandon his tax on pensions and seek to protect company pension schemes!

kaikohe76
6th Apr 2006, 08:03
Hi Bealine & many thanks for your reply to my post, it sounds very much as though we work, or in my case until I retired, in the same business.

I can certainly accept & understand just how anyone can feel after comming off a long & involved shift / flight duty etc, the whole world seems to be having a go at you. In my case I often found, I was not my best having just completed three three deep night flights to Corfu, Dalaman or any such lovely place as that.

You may have a point in this particular case & possibly Philip Meeson could have been a little more diplomatic in his statement, but I do think his choice of words came from a big build up of justified frustration. Problem is, so often in industrial or other disputes, it's the poor `sod` who only wants to get from A to B & get home or to his meeting who always get inconvenienced. That's life I suppose & it will never change.

Me, I'm off to Aeotearoa shorly for two months extended holiday, hope all goes well on the travel plans.

Thanks again for your post reply, I appreciate & understand your comments.

Best of luck.

K76

Avman
6th Apr 2006, 09:01
I don't like the disruption (as a passenger) and the extra work it creates for us in adjacent (ATC) units. Nevertheless, on this occasion, I understand and support their efforts in making a stand. Pity the rest of us are too weak to do the same.