PDA

View Full Version : TNT Airways

wilcoluca
4th Apr 2006, 13:03
Hi guys,

I need your help. As you may know, TNT Express has just published on its website that it is in their plan to hire new 100 pilots during 2006. I have tried in all possible ways to get in touch with them: sent several email, sent my CV by mail, ecc. The results has been no answer. What I would like to know from anybody who has some informations, if there are real possibilities to join their company. What is the normal channel of recruitment.

Many thanks!

Luca

jumbo-clingfilm
4th Apr 2006, 13:13
I looked at TNT also.

It seems they only want people who live within 150km of Liege.

Wonder if this breaks any European employment laws?

LUM
4th Apr 2006, 14:09
Have a look at this http://www.luchtzak.be/forum16.html, you might find some answers to your questions

Diabolo
4th Apr 2006, 15:13
Hello,
where can I send my CV for TNT in EU ???

THX

LUM
4th Apr 2006, 15:31
There:http://www.tnt.com/country/en_ta/page/careers.html

wilcoluca
4th Apr 2006, 15:40
Thank you very much Lum. I'll have a look at it.

tightdeck
4th Apr 2006, 15:45
Guys I dont know how desperate you are for a flying job, but TNT is NOT the place to be, especially if you're a Brit.

The place has gone down hill fast over the last few years.

They may quote the "Investor In People" and equal opportunities stuff, but they are very Anti Brit to the point of failing people in the sim and making our rosters so bad that we are leaving left right and centre.

Try to get a job in the UK is my advice.

Clarence Oveur
5th Apr 2006, 00:29
When working in a foreign country, it is usually a good idea to try to make an effort to adapt to the culture. Perhaps even try to learn some of the language. To do neither and just carry on as if back in Old Blighty, does not make it any easier to make friends.

What is easier, of course, is to blame anything and everything on some imaginary conspiracy.

Morbid
5th Apr 2006, 08:06
Somewhere between Clarences and Tightdecks views you´ll find the truth. Not too bad a place to work there are better but there is a whole lot worse. In my experience they´re not Anti Brit however you are definately a 2nd class citizen.... even if you do learn the language!

LUM
5th Apr 2006, 08:14
I'm not sure there is any kind of discrimination. The reason why they prefer belgian residents, regardless of their nationality, is clearly (and fairly) indicated in the selection procedure attachment to the application form:

"An analysis over the last years shows that most of the pilots who left the company were non-Belgian residents. As a result, in the interest of TNT
Airways and the crew members already employed, it has been decided to categorise the applications in order to give recruitment priority to the pilots
who are likely to consider TNT Airways as a long term career opportunity."

This being said, living in Belgium compared to the UK has pros and contras:

- : Taxes.
+ : Beer, housing, night life, weather, women,......... :E

Avius
5th Apr 2006, 10:09
Agree with Clarence Oveur,

worked in TNT for a short while while they operated the B744s. It is a good and friendly company. Even though I didn't speak french, I felt quite integrated and certainly did not feel unwelcome.

The only single drawback for me is the very high taxes in Belgium, which has nothing to do with TNT.

JW411
5th Apr 2006, 13:37
"tightdeck" obviously has an axe to grind and I also note that it is his/her first posting on pprune. I could not possibly comment on his/her particular case but I would like to make some general comments as a very experienced TRI/TRE.

A large proportion of the pilots who do badly in the simulator will go to any lengths to find anyone or anything to blame. They seem to be quite incapable of looking in a mirror.

I have never ceased to be amazed over the years just how many pilots turn up for an OPC/LPC with a poor knowledge of SOPs and Limitations. This is simply quite unacceptable. A good knowledge of SOPs and Limitations is the absolute minimum that we need to do our job. Bad knowledge of either on a flight deck amounts to criminal negligence.

loulou
11th Apr 2006, 22:58
Hi

TNT is a very nice company with a good atmosphere, now they are hiring a lot (mainly belgians) and 100% of the ab initios where belgians, most of them from wallonia (french speaking part of Belgium).
Lot of brits are flying with TNT too as they were already part of the company before it relocated in Belgium, even if they are not very integrated in the belgian social life and don't speak french at all (after 5 years:eek: ), they are well considered by the others collegues and give a more international atmosphere to the crews wich I find very welcoming.
the company is expanding really fast, pilots get command at 1500 hrs on the Bae146, now they are a lot of ab initios on the B737, and after 3 years a pilot can change of type of plane.
6 new 737s and 2 747s have still have to join the fleet the next 2 years.
Around 100 pilots will join the company the next 2 years, mostly ab initios
details of the selections can be found on
http://www.luchtzak.be/postt15813.html

Cheers

wotsyors
15th Apr 2006, 23:55
Loulou, are you the guy that l know and love ! car broken into and bug"ered in trying to get home to the fatherland ?
You are the son, right ?

JW411,
49yrs as a professional pilot and learned all about everything extremely properly. Thats good isn`t it ?

wotsyors
16th Apr 2006, 00:00
check your pm`s

SM82
17th Apr 2006, 13:12
Does anybody have TNT's commercial/operations dept contacts details?

please reply or PM with details.

Just need to speak to someone about possible adhoc charters

Thanks