PDA

View Full Version : Visaa Airways, Bombay

Flyintrim
4th Apr 2006, 11:57
Anyone out there has any information on Visaa Airways out of Bombay, India.
They plan to start operations soon using Dash-8's.
I'm told that they are one of the more organised start-ups, and the first Dash-8 operator in India. Planned routes are within a 300 mile radius feeding into Bombay.
Also, what is it like to live and work in Bombay as a contract pilot?
There have been delays in their start up date. Anyone know why?
Does it look good for them surviving?
Thanks in advance.

Left Wing
5th Apr 2006, 08:27
They have closed shop once before, will be not surprized if the same happens again. Are they recruiting ???

Flyintrim
5th Apr 2006, 11:21
Yes Left Wing, they were recruiting through Parc Aviation. Apparently they are close to starting now. I didn't realise that they had shut down before. I did a search on Airliners.net and came up with a Dash-8 in Germany that was supposed to belong to Visaa. This was in 2004, so maybe they had tried to start back then.
Any idea why they had difficulties in the past?
Regards.

Left Wing
6th Apr 2006, 01:26
The 1990s saw a similar airline boom in India, most of have shut shop since; only one is Jet Airways who more tha survives.

Visaa operated F27s, ran out of money very fast.

boeingdream787
19th Apr 2006, 03:27
Yes Visa did close shop once earlier.Fortunately for many....no casualties(in terms of layoffs ets).Mainly cause they didnt have any employees to begin with .Nor airplanes!Owned by a conman by the name of Vivek Sane.And thats how it got its name.He has changed his "headquarters" in Bombay about a dozen times in half the number of years.Each time due non payment of the lease rent!! This time around though he does plan to start up with a couple of D-8's.IF and WHEN he does......I certainly would make sure my salary comes thru a Bankers Payorder only......Cheers.:D