PDA

View Full Version : Joining the RAF - Advice required

gb4ever
4th Apr 2006, 10:17
Hi all,

I am soon to be joining the RAF as 'hopefully' a Weapons Systems Operator (WSOp).

I have my initial filter interview shortly and was wondering if anyone had any tips/suggestions as to possible content/qestions etc.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you in advance
GB

Radar Muppet
4th Apr 2006, 11:28
GB

Part of what the RAF will expect from you is initiative. Please show some and do a search of PPRuNe Mil for your answer - there are plenty of threads with this info out there.

RM

ChezTanker
4th Apr 2006, 12:37
Advice - don't.

gb4ever
4th Apr 2006, 13:08
Thanks for the advice - have spent some time looking through the threads and found some very usefull ones.

Cheztanker - out of interest why do you say dont?

GB

buoy15
4th Apr 2006, 14:01
GB
He's probably saying "don't" be a WSOp - be a pilot or blunty!
Regards and best of luck
B15

joe2812
4th Apr 2006, 16:56
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166273&highlight=OASC

ronnell
4th Apr 2006, 21:51
Good evening gb4ever,

I, too, have applied for the position of WSOp. I recently had my filter interview, which I passed. I'm now preparing myself for OASC.

Advice regarding filter interview-get yourself "Kiwi Parade Gloss", a decent suit and haircut, whilst not forgetting to brush your teeth.

Importantly, bring ALL documentation with you. Even education certificates you may have regarded as insignificant. Should you have lost any, spending £80 or so on Exam Board certificate copies is worth it, rather than having your application delayed. Trust me on this one.

The interview was fast paced, conducted on a 1-1 basis with a Flight Lieutenant. It lasted an hour, which I only realised when checking my watch on leaving the AFCO. It really did fly.

Familiarise yourself with the fleet and bases, overseas as well as in the UK.

Be yourself, get a good night's kip, the rest is up to you.

Best of luck.