PDA

View Full Version : Eva Air Written test/Interview

sony
3rd Apr 2006, 17:14
Good day to everyone.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me a brief on the Eva Air aviation knowledge written test that is part of the interview for First Officer. A brief on what to expect during the panel interview would also be highly appreciated.

Thanks so much to anyone who can offer information regarding the topics above.

Cheers

sony
5th Apr 2006, 14:15
Please, somebody has to have some sort of idea.

Start4&3
5th Apr 2006, 15:58
Sony,

There's no written test; here's my interview experience;

Interview experience:
Day 1; Simulator ride; B747-400 Its like a training event, they give you flight director and use of autopilot is allowed when you're briefing the approach. First, you do a normal T.O fly the Sikoum1 departure to 5,000ft and then they'll set you up for a 180 degree steep turn, if you satisfy them during the first turn you will move on to do a departure stall(terrain is a factor, so do not lose any altitude, you are allowed to gain alt up to 200ft.)As I said, its like a training event, if they don't like what they see they will freeze the sim and they will let you do the maneuver again and again till you get it right, to a certain point. After the stall they radar vector you to do a visual approach, take note, landing is graded too, they want you to maintain the centerline during roll out. Reposition at the end of rwy 5 to do a take off with V1 cut, and then clean up @ acceleration altitude of 1,000ft. Then radar vector to do ILS to a landing. They give you the result right after the sim evaluation. Day 2; Hr/Technical questions: 1. Why did you apply to us? 2. What is grid mora? 3. What is MSA? 3. What is the difference bet. GPWS and EGPWS? 4. What is your windshear procedure? 5. Explain Balance Fld. length 6. De icing/ Anti-icing procedures 7. Holdover time Interview lasted for about 20 mins. and you get the result after 5 mins. I got the thumb's up, and they told me to take a day off before the 2 day medical, they said "you'll need it", and boy they're not kidding.

My advice to you; DON'T DO IT!

I'm going to be back in TPE next week, PM me or call me once you get there if you have any more questions.

sony
5th Apr 2006, 21:40
Hi Start4&3,

Please check your PM.

airamerica
8th Apr 2006, 22:57
Gday to all,
I am interested in applying to Eva, FO, could anyone be so kind as to share some info about basing, rosters, staff travel, commuting,crew community,general cost of living in Taipei etc, how are expats accepted in the local community(are there many), is it hard to integrate etc.
Many thanks in advance
AA