PDA

View Full Version : Coverting SA CAA license to JAR

Wings23
2nd Apr 2006, 20:12
Hi Guys,

I am contemplating moving over to the UK towards the end of the month. What would it take for me to convert my SA license to the JAR license? Twin/comm/if.

I am not going to go over there with the sole purpose of finding a job flying ASAP as I would need to make money as I go along to complete the process and I do do qualify for an ancestral visa, which would grant me citizenship after four years I think.

Once I have converted if anyone can shed some light on employment in the aviation industry in the UK it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Wings:D

wheels up
2nd Apr 2006, 20:36
I take it you missed this thread further down:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219075

Wings23
2nd Apr 2006, 20:44
Sorry about that guys.

Thanks

flying paddy
2nd Apr 2006, 21:35
Hi Wings

As a JAA ATPL who has moved this way to africa to work, I would strongly recommend that you think twice about going and completing your JAA ATPL. It is not the gravy train that you think it is. It is a very very competitve market, and you will need a great deal of money and luck to find a so called dream job. You will probably spend £25000 to come back here and work in Maun.

Also unless you have a strong financial income coming in you will find the cost of living there madness. You will just end up in a world of debt.

Anyway have a think about it, the grass is not always greener.

Cheers

paddy

wheels up
3rd Apr 2006, 14:18
paddy

Out of interest, what sort of flying experience do you have?