PDA

View Full Version : Sterling type rating.

737.pilot
2nd Apr 2006, 19:19
Hei.

Jeg ville høre om der er andre derude som har taget sin 737 type rating gennem Sterling? Hva synes i om kurset og har i alle job den dag i dag? Jeg har selv taget rating hos Sterling og flyver 737 i dag, bare ikke i Sterling. Har hørt om nogle som ikke helt har været tilfredse, men ved ik om det er sandt. Håber på en lille snak om deres produkt.

737.pilot

Jetavia
2nd Apr 2006, 19:39
I have heard that in the past the majority have found employment with sterling. But can imagine that the ones that wasn't offered employment isn't to happy, as they did the rating with sterling hoping to get a job with them.

I did a rating outside sterling after being told by their recruitment dep., that it was an advantage to have a 737 rating in order to get a job with them. When I called them having done my rating, I spoke to their head of training who then told me they "only" hire the ones who have done the rating with them and to go work for ryanair :sad: What a ****ty company..:yuk:

737.pilot
2nd Apr 2006, 21:36
we were told at the info meeting that they had been contacted by Parc Aviation and that they would love to sign some of the typerating pilots, but when were done with the rating there were no help from Sterling what so ever....:hmm:
I have never got a reason for why I wasn't employed and I seriously doubt that we ever will get a chance with Sterling.
Sterling is very good to convince new pilots that they need the rating and they need to do it with Sterling TRTO.

best of luck to ya all

Gottabefun
7th Apr 2006, 10:55
Selling typeratings is a way of making money for the airlines. Pure business. Personally I don't think you are better off with a B737 typerating and 1 hour on type, than you would be without a typerating. OK, if you could sign an employment-contract with the airline before starting the typerating course, it is a different matter. But guess what; no airline does that, because first they want your money, THEN they look at their own needs, and you might not be a part of that even though they trained you to 'the highest standards'. A moneymachine, nothing but....

PARC or other agencies are not interested in low-timers. You need at least 500 hours on type before you are interesting. If anybody tells you otherwise, it's sales talk.

Prove me wrong!

CaptainProp
7th Apr 2006, 14:41
Hey guys!

I recommend you to try to get in touch with easyjet NOW! I have no good nr for you really...The nr's I have are only for operation and stuff but I'm sure you could digg out some nr's if you are really keen on getting a jobb.At the moment our CC is indicating that we are about 100 guys short! So, hours on type or not, you may stand a chance to get in....

/CP