PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Rating

lgt
2nd Apr 2006, 18:37
Hi all.
Iīve just finished an integrated course (ATPL frozen) with only 200 hours.
Now Iīm considering to become an instructor, but I would like to teach IFR in Multi Engines.
I think the minimum requirements would be 500 hours for the ME and 200 IFR for the IRI, wouldnīt it?
Could you give me some advices about in which order should I do the 3 courses FI, MEI and IRI?
Where would it be the cheapest...and where could I find a job (in the UK if possible) if Iīm not UK citizen but I can speak English more or less fluently??
Thanks!!!

FlyingForFun
2nd Apr 2006, 18:49
See the reply I just posted to your duplicate post in the Flying Instructors forum.
FFF
--------------

captwannabe
2nd Apr 2006, 18:52
I'm not sure of the costs, but there are some Irish schools that offer instructor ratings.

www.nfc.ie (http://www.nfc.ie)

www.atlanticair.ie (http://www.atlanticair.ie)

I think there are a few others also. Hope this may be of some help.

Where did you do the integrated course?

lgt
2nd Apr 2006, 18:58
Spain, but no work at all here

captwannabe
2nd Apr 2006, 19:03
With FTE, Aerofan, or AeroMadrid?

Also, have a look at www.pilottraining.ie (http://www.pilottraining.ie)
Probably have the best FI courses, and good job prospects in Ireland too.

lgt
2nd Apr 2006, 19:10
AFan, but there are many others. However Aeromadrid is said to be the best in ground school and simulator training

captwannabe
2nd Apr 2006, 19:14
Thanks for the advice! Good luck :ok:

lgt
2nd Apr 2006, 19:45
Captwannabe, could you tell me whatīs the price for the FI course in the Flight School you tell me? I donīt see anywhere they offer FI courses!!:uhoh:

captwannabe
2nd Apr 2006, 19:52
They don't have prices on the website for the FI course. You can email them at [email protected] or fill out the contact form on their website.

avroarrow
9th Jul 2006, 04:53
Hi everyone.
I've got my commercial licence and about 320 hours. Does it make more sense to do multi-IFR next, or an instructor rating? In other words, does it make more sense to build time going the instructor route than by trying to get an entry-level job?
Cheers,
aa

FlyingForFun
9th Jul 2006, 11:54
Do you actually want to instruct?

If so, then do the instructor rating first. Not having a ME/IR will show potential employers that you are going to be around instructing for at least a little while, not running off to a jet job next week. Also, having a few hundred hours instructing behind you will make the ME/IR much easier.

On the other hand, if you are not planning on instructing for any length of time, then probably best to skip the instructor rating altogether.

FFF
----------------

avroarrow
10th Jul 2006, 07:13
... Your very good questions cut to the heart of my quandry. Truth is, my interest in instructing increases proportionally with the unlikelihood of landing a job with just a multi-ifr rating and 350-or-so hours. Truth is, if I were able to land the latter, the former becomes far less interesting.
Nevertheless, some very good advice in terms of the way a flight school would perceive having or not having the multi-ifr rating. Appreciate you taking the time.
Cheers,
arrow.