PDA

View Full Version : log in problem

foxmoth
2nd Apr 2006, 07:45
Whenever I try to log in on my laptop it has not kept my loggin,I have checked cookies and they seem OK and this occurs whenever I close and reopen Pprune so not the same as in FAQs - OK on the desktop as well. Any suggestions welcome as this has been happening for about a month (OK before that) and is getting very annoying

foxmoth
3rd Apr 2006, 10:04
Also on this, when I first open Pprune I seem to be logged on, it is only when I then go to a forum that it tells me I need to log on, then OK for that session. go to another webite and back to Pprune and same again - appearing to be logged in, including showing which forums have new posts, then not logged when I go to a forum.:confused:

BaghDaddy.
3rd Apr 2006, 13:29
I have this same problem again and again and again. There was a post stickied back when the entire site was re-vamped and many problems arose for members. The solution involved going into Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted Sites and manually entering www.pprune.org/ (http://www.pprune.org/) or something like that.

I have tried it but what you described still happens constantly. Just trying to post this I kept getting logged out as soon as I clicked SUBMIT. Really annoying.

Does anyone have the solution?

BaghDaddy.
5th Apr 2006, 17:06
Back up to the top again... and hopefully some guru will offer a tip.

Come on guys, help a brother out...... ;)

Saab Dastard
5th Apr 2006, 18:20
The cookie issue is a cookie/browser/security program issue, with too many variables on a persons computer that PPRuNe will never be able to account and fix them all.

However, until cookie handling is a non-issue worldwide and with every browser on earth, look forward to this coming up every once in awhile.

Things to suggest:

1. Delete cookies, then restart.
2. Make sure 'remember me' is always checked upon login.
3. Check your security softwares settings or turn it off for a second, and see if you still have a problem using PPRuNe.
4. Make sure you use pprune.org in your connections and not pprune.com.
5. Rub your head and pat your tummy.

Thanks Ridley! :ok: