PDA

View Full Version : Where can I do high school maths and physics?

dxbpilot
2nd Apr 2006, 06:23
Hi , I need some information on maths and physics courses.
I have completed the NSW HSC with reasonable results but I only did general maths and not 2 Unit Maths and Physics. Does any one know where I can complete these two subjects at a high school level?(preferably in the southeast Queensland area). Any information would be great !

cheers

Bolty McBolt
2nd Apr 2006, 06:53
Try nsw TAFE.
There used to be a correspondence course available with choice of amount of subjects per term...
A google search should find the link

rmcdonal
2nd Apr 2006, 07:02
If this is for Qantas then you had best call them first and get a list of recognised places. Spending the rest of the year doing maths only to find out its not worth anything would be a real bumer.

MBA747
2nd Apr 2006, 08:46
The Maths & Physics requirements have been around for years, unfortunately a lot of pilots felt it wasn't necessary to pass these subjects and made their views known. The consequence being many pilots undertook the minimum maths and science at school before learning to fly.

Pilots contemplating doing the four week whiz bang course in Physics or Maths should understand that although it may be acceptable now, the requirement could change whereby a pass in Physics or Maths would only be acceptable if done through the proper channels.ie schools and a pass at the HSC exam.

So, if you want to take the chance of that not changing go ahead and spend your 2K or 3K for your 4 week course. Remember if at any time in the future one wishes to undertake a uni course you will find that "PASS" in Physics or Maths done in 4 weeks will not be recognised.

Enema Bandit's Dad
2nd Apr 2006, 09:47
Try your local high school. You might even see Mr. Buzzy in the primary school next door! :uhoh:

carro
2nd Apr 2006, 10:00
You could always go to uni and get a degree. It's a great fall back if you loose your limbs lol.

In this way, if you decided you didn't like the degree or uni life (which is great), you could drop out of it after one semester (ie 4 months), after which time you would have completed these subjects.

dxbpilot
2nd Apr 2006, 10:07
I am going to the UK to do my JAA ATPL's later this year and will have a couple of months spare before I go. I basically just want the HSC level maths and physics to add to my high school results. I think I will give tafe a call tomorrow and get some more info.

This is not for qantas but I think it will be good to get it out of the way while I am in study mode, keep my options open.

By the way how much of these subjects is acually relevent to apptitude tests with the airlines?

thanks for the replys

The Bullwinkle
2nd Apr 2006, 10:40
CQU in Rockhampton. The do both Maths and Physics bridging courses