PDA

View Full Version : UN Operations

countryboy
2nd Apr 2006, 05:47
I am looking for the requirements that aircraft must adhere to, to qualify for UN operations - especially the navigation equipment requirements. If anyboby can assist it would be appreciated.

Thanx.

B200Drvr
2nd Apr 2006, 06:46
It will differ from contract to contract, and machine to machine, but the basics are all required IFR instrumentation/ equipment, HF, TCAS.
But the company also has to be audited and approved, thats the hard part.

Phenomenon
2nd Apr 2006, 13:44
On all the UN contracts that I have been on they have all required dual GPS's along with all the basics like B200Drvr said. TCAS is only required for 1900's or bigger as far as I know.

nopoal
3rd Apr 2006, 10:54
Hi!!!

Just a quick question. Which companies work for the UN in Africa and what are their operation base??

Thanks and nice flights.

flaps 15º :cool:

nopoal
5th Apr 2006, 12:54
Hi again!!

Nobody has any info about the carriers that work for the UN in Africa??

Thanks

flaps 15º :sad:

south coast
5th Apr 2006, 15:03
NAC, lanseria south africa
Trans Afrik, Luanda
Solenta, lanseria, south africa
King Air Services, lanseria, south africa
Norse Air(or something-ex-balmoral) durban, south africa
SAFair, joburg international, south africa

Phenomenon
5th Apr 2006, 22:04
Qwila Air, Lanseria, South Africa
Executive Turbine, Lanseria, South Africa
Naturelink, Wonderboom Airport, South Africa

SAT_BOSS
28th Apr 2006, 17:10
Contact WFP in Rome speak to Ceasar Aroyo / Samson Mwangi You will get s stack of forms about 30 feet thick, go through that then the nearest WFP office will audit you and approve you as a UN - UNHAS / WFP operator ... The you bid and all works you get a contract through WFP (Wait For Payment) oops sorry the World Food Program.

In the process you will consider Murder / Suicide and also Torture.

There is s guy in Johannesburg for WFP that does it by name of Jarno (Something or the other --- and well beyond here NO Comments) Good luck either way.

A guy that has it on his fingertips is a Chap working for Naturelink called Ernie Claasen good guy chat him up.