PDA

View Full Version : Which Laptop Bag?

Jinkster
30th Mar 2006, 14:32
I am looking for a laptop bag for my new(ish) laptop. Something quite nice, good quality.

What do you recommend?

Have been looking at Delsey.

:)

Conan the Librarian
30th Mar 2006, 14:40
Staples fixed me up with a really excellent leather lappy carrier (looks V much like a pilot bag, so you can imagine the extra room for recovery diisks, manuals, leads, phone numbers for the Samaritans, etc. etc. Surprisingly good value too.

Pity I never use it....

Conan

Techman
30th Mar 2006, 15:45
I've got a Waterfield. Plenty of space, good design and it is possible to customize it a bit.

Another thing is the personal touch when corresponding with the owners.

TheFlyingPhysio
30th Mar 2006, 16:04
Delsey, Targus etc are all similar in terms of pockets and weight but ask yourself a practical question. Do you want something to carry in one hand that states I am carrying a laptop or a backpack that leaves both hands free and is easier on the body ?

My advice is go for a backpack.

TheFlyingPhysio

Saab Dastard
30th Mar 2006, 17:48
My advice is go for a backpack.

Spot on! :ok:

I got a very acceptable one from Belkin - their backpack computer bags are less prone to go wrong than some of their networking kit, if this forum is anything to go by ;)

timmcat
30th Mar 2006, 19:12
If you are quick Jinks, and you fancy it - play.com are doing a nice Targus bag at around 80% off their normal price.

Link (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=targus&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0) (whilst it lasts..)

Tone
30th Mar 2006, 19:24
Pop into W H Smiths & buy a copy of 'Which Laptop Bag' this months has a special offer of a free laptop bag bag.

Jinkster
3rd Apr 2006, 13:14
might just do that - thanks for the help.