PDA

View Full Version : AOC Application Form

wannabe-aviator
30th Mar 2006, 09:39
Dear All

Can someone kindly please forward me a link to the correct application form for a UK CAA AOC, I have search extensively both the CAA website as well as the JAA website and even Google all I keep on getting a chinese AOC application form based on the JAR OPS.
I would very much appreciate any help or input on where one can find an AOC application form, I thank you very much in advanced and look forward to your help.

regards
WA

aeroground
30th Mar 2006, 12:21
It is the SRG part of the CAA website, cannot remember the ladies name but very helpful

wannabe-aviator
30th Mar 2006, 12:56
Hello AG

Many thanks for this info I will look into it straight away much appreciate your help.

If anyone else has any info please let me know and thanks in advanced.

regards
WA

Spitoon
30th Mar 2006, 17:49
I think you'll find that getting an AOC is a little more involved than just filling a form in. The way the CAA works is that you tell them you want something like this and you enter a period of discussion and piles of paperwork (submitted from you!) until they're happy. Then a miracle happens - at least I assume that's what it must be because of the time it takes and the money it costs - and then you get your AOC.

PS - this is based on getting approval for an ILS but I think the same principles apply!;)

wannabe-aviator
30th Mar 2006, 21:14
SPITOON

Allow me just a little credit here however vague my request for has been, I am very much aware of the requirement for obtaining an AOC, I am also under the knowledge that I will eventually need to full in a form for this AOC, Cat B AOC which doesnt require as much financial declaration to the CAA nor does it Involved having a 2 year Business Plan But I am sure forthose in know will correct me am only going on what ive read on the CAA website.

So I will eventually be having the talks with the CAA wether I like it or not But I would very much like to get my hand on an Application form for a CAT B AOC so I know what am up against, I have seen ones from other JAA member countries so and I am sure if the CAA's requirements are the same Ill have no problems.

Thanks for those that have helped and I look forward to more help from those who may want to help.

regards
WA

Spitoon
31st Mar 2006, 17:01
Aww, come on wannabe, if you're going to work in aviation you'll have to get a sense of humour!

Jetdriver
31st Mar 2006, 17:30
I wasn't convinced at onset that this was a question for professional pilots as it is something that is a ground based / management issue, but I thought I would let it run and see if it got any response. I am moving this to the ops forum where somebody may be better aquainted with AOC issues.

Daifly
31st Mar 2006, 21:00
I'll allow you some credit, but it's an AOC. The Type B is the Operating Licence which isn't your AOC. If you don't know the difference between the two then I won't allow you the credit.

Your designated Ops Inspector will provide you with the form, once you've written nicely to the Head of Flight Ops and asked him if you can apply.

Bit of advice, if you tell them that you don't need "as much financial declaration" and we "don't involved (sic) having a 2 year Business Plan" they'll probably want to know why you don't want to discuss those two.

You shouldn't be afraid to approach the Authority, they're actually a very friendly bunch you know!

I think you're going to take this reply badly and get snotty, but if you're wanting to start an AOC you should know the background first.

(Having done it with the CAA years ago, we're now trying it with the FAA. And they don't supply the pre-pre-application form until you and see them...)

Epsilon minus
1st Apr 2006, 06:32
WA
Allow me just a little credit here however vague my request for has been
You'll get precious little credit anywhere on this web site if you post daft questions like "where can I get an AOC form". If your are genuinly serious about applying for a UK AOC I suggest you do some homework first or appoint experts to do it on your behalf. PM me if you want some help but you had better have your cheque book ready (cash would be better though).
EM

wannabe-aviator
1st Apr 2006, 08:42
Fly and Minus

I shant be throwing a fit or any form of strupp, your entitled to your ding having just read over my last post It didnt make sence to me either, Pretty stupid especially when its a very important and potentially costly endevour. Many thanks for the clearing my misunderstandings Ill be contacting the people concerned ASAP.

regards
WA