PDA

View Full Version : Take-off from BOH

xzibit
30th Mar 2006, 09:03
Hi everyone.

I am flying on Ryanair from BOH - GRO and was wondering, when departing from BOH, is there anyway of knowing which runway will be in use (as in direction) as I am interested to know what direction we will be traveling in just after take-off (mainly hoping to see my house :p ) before we head down to GRO.

I know it sounds like a silly request, but have been wondering, and just thought I would ask.

Doors to Automatic
30th Mar 2006, 09:57
Before you leave for the airport check this link:

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGHH.html

If the wind is from a westerly component (as today) you will likely use 26, if it is from an easterly component, 08.

xzibit
30th Mar 2006, 11:20
Thanks for that link!!

WHBM
3rd Apr 2006, 13:26
Phone the Bournemouth ATIS (recorded information service which among other things gives the runway in use, wind, etc) as near to your departure time as you can. It's the same recording that pilots at the airfield can pick up on a radio frequency at the airport to save the tower having to give basic information. Updated every 30 minutes. If you're not a pilot know that the update time given is given in GMT, now the clocks have gone forward for the summer this is one hour behind local time.

If they say "Runway in use Two Six" (most common) you will be heading westwards. If they say "Zero Eight" you will be going east.

Bournemouth is on 01202 364151. For others in the UK they are listed at :

www.metoffice.com/aviation/services/GetMET_2006.pdf

Peregrine falcon
4th Apr 2006, 13:44
short taxi, 26

long taxi, 08:ok:

JackOffallTrades
6th Apr 2006, 01:37
Have a look and see if any planes are flying low over your house before driving to the airport. If not, demand a discount at the ticket sales desk.

Brae_Cwynd
7th Apr 2006, 23:15
Why are you flying with Ryanair?

:confused: