View Full Version : Hi-res Digital Photo Required - HELP !!

FlightOops
30th Mar 2006, 08:42
I am trying to get hold of a hi-res image (approx. 5 ~ 10 Mb) for use on the front of a brouchure we are having printed.
There are lots of nice pictures around but getting hold of the hi-res originals and owners to ask permission is causing me some headaches.
As there are a lot of budding photographers and a network of contacts on PPrune, some assistance would save my skin.
The requirements for the photo are:

Corporate VIP helicopter (AS365, EC155 etc)
Landscape orientation
In flight: transition, in flight or coming into land
Preferably landing gear away (if applicable)
Helicopter to fill image (not a distant dot)
Hi-Res (approx. 5 ~ 10 Mb uncompressed)
Owners permission to use
Nice artitstic shot - not classic side on view
oh, and within the next day or so please as the printers are standing by and the boss is on my case as the wild-goose-chase has lasted a few months now !!

We are happy to pay market rates for the correct image, so please help me keep my job...
Any sugggestions or original images would be gratefully received.
Hopingly...
FO

Droopy
30th Mar 2006, 09:12
Why not contact the main dealers - Sloane, Macs etc....They're bound to have loads of that sort of thing

Floppy Link
30th Mar 2006, 10:05
try the well known aviation photo site that has "airliners" and ".net" in the name, excellent search facility, find a photo you like, click on the "contact Photographer" link. Repeat as required. Sorted. :ok:

fimfie
30th Mar 2006, 10:07
I am trying to get hold of a hi-res image (approx. 5 ~ 10 Mb) for use on the front of a brouchure we are having printed.
There are lots of nice pictures around but getting hold of the hi-res originals and owners to ask permission is causing me some headaches.
As there are a lot of budding photographers and a network of contacts on PPrune, some assistance would save my skin.
The requirements for the photo are:

Corporate VIP helicopter (AS365, EC155 etc)
Landscape orientation
In flight: transition, in flight or coming into land
Preferably landing gear away (if applicable)
Helicopter to fill image (not a distant dot)
Hi-Res (approx. 5 ~ 10 Mb uncompressed)
Owners permission to use
Nice artitstic shot - not classic side on view
oh, and within the next day or so please as the printers are standing by and the boss is on my case as the wild-goose-chase has lasted a few months now !!

We are happy to pay market rates for the correct image, so please help me keep my job...
Any sugggestions or original images would be gratefully received.
Hopingly...
FO
I can help in a few days. I'm in Sydney Aust. Professional aerial photographer ... sometimes I'm on the ground. $200 Tim

TheFlyingSquirrel
30th Mar 2006, 10:39
Ask Ned for help - Nobody does heli pics like Neddy. You need go no further......;)

TFS

FlightOops
30th Mar 2006, 13:45
A huge thank you to the overwhelming response from Pruners around the world.

I am now collecting a large number of images directly from the owners and will make a decision tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have sent me images, and please keep them coming until 12:00 UTC Friday 31st March.

Once again PPrune is supporting the industry in ways previously unknown - keep up the good work.

FO

tigerfish
30th Mar 2006, 14:33
FlightOops. PM me can probably help!