PDA

View Full Version : Trablicka Aviation-Botswana ?

bafanguy
29th Mar 2006, 21:01
Any opinions/info about the operation ? You know, the usual....Thanks.

bafanguy
30th Mar 2006, 12:51
No one has heard of them ? 727s ? Any direct contact details ?

bafanguy
31st Mar 2006, 21:05
Company flight operation ? Kalahari...Jwaneng...Orapa...Letlhakane ? Diamond mines ?

If no one over there has heard of them, perhaps they don't actually exist and the job posting for really good money is just bogus ?

The first post was in late '04 and appeared again almost word for word ( at a higher payrate ) again recently in www.aviationcareer.com .

Just curious....you guys over there seem to be very much on top of this kind of thing so I thought someone would be familiar with Trablicka Aviation.

Mark J B
1st Apr 2006, 05:29
Never heard of them before and until recently I lived in Botswana. Can't get into the career site you mentioned, what exactly did the advert say?

bafanguy
1st Apr 2006, 11:39
Mark J B,

If you lived there and haven't heard of them, the ad is likely bogus.

Company airlift to "...numerous diamond mines..." from Gaborone to the places mentioned in previous post... operate 6 aircraft including a B727...adding another 727...training/interviews/qualifications conducted in Texas ( last time it was in London )....captains need 10000 total time + 3000 727 PIC...ICAO license with type rating...$65,000 Botswana Pula/mo ( $12,000+ USD if the online currency converter is correct ). F/Os...3000 total time + 500 in type....$50,000 Pula.

Strikes me as somewhat odd that people living there would have no knowledge of a company operating 6 aircraft including 727s. Maybe there is no such company ? Just idle curiousity on my part...

Desperate Wannabe
1st Apr 2006, 15:37
Hi Guys......and Ladies
10000 total time + 3000 727 PIC.
Excuse my ignorance, but 10 000 hrs total time and 3 000 PIC on type seems a way bit extreme if you ask me, especially for a little outfit running out of Gabs to "diamond mines".
Also the context is all wrong 3000 727 PICand the very next line ICAO license with type rating
Excuse me, but how the hell do you build 3000 PIC on Type without a type rating:confused: :confused: :confused:
Sounds dodggy to me.
Anyway thats just my 2c worth, from behind the desk, you guys out there will correct me if i'm wrong.

Desperate Wannabe
Will fly for food:(

bafanguy
1st Apr 2006, 16:40
Excuse me, but how the hell do you build 3000 PIC on Type without a type rating:confused:
Sounds dodggy to me.

Will fly for food:(

First, one gets the type rating and then accumulates the PIC time. That's how I did it...not sure there's another way.

As for the 10,000 hours, it's a buyer's market for pilots. If this company is paying what they advertise, applicants will probably storm the front gates.

Mark J B
1st Apr 2006, 16:55
The biggest aircraft able to land at Jwaneng and Orapa is a Herc (C130/L100). The runways are far too short for a 727 so that takes care of that claim by the advert. The mines at these two places operate a Be20 and Be1900 respectively. As for P50000/month, that is an outragiously high salary by Botswana standards. A well paid Captain in Bots earns around P30k plus benefits and that is after 10 or more years of service with Debswana (the government owned diamond mining company). I would say definitely bogus! What a pity!

bafanguy
1st Apr 2006, 18:56
I guess the adage that "if it seems too good to be true...." applies here ?

flying paddy
1st Apr 2006, 20:39
Hi

As a resident pilot at Gaborone, I can assure all of you that there are no B727's operating here in Gab's or anywhere in Botswana. This is a con. Ignore it.

Cheers

Flying Paddy

bafanguy
1st Apr 2006, 21:36
flying paddy,

Thanks. I kinda saw this one coming, I guess.

flying paddy
2nd Apr 2006, 09:01
Hi
Bafanguy

If you would like to pass me on the details of these tw@ts I will give their details to the Local CAA. I am sure they would be interested.

Cheers

Paddy

bafanguy
2nd Apr 2006, 10:53
flying paddy,

That's OK. I was just curious. I saw the ad on www.skyjobs.net, a free "teaser" site for a couple of the for-pay job websites. I don't belong to the for-pay site and thought someone over there would have some detail on what seemed to be a pretty good job.

skyjim
7th Apr 2006, 10:32
Just ran accross your post. Interesting, good friend of mine just interviewed for this job. If I can find out anything I'll let you know.

Mark J B
9th Apr 2006, 18:04
It would be interesting to hear how they plan to land a 727 on a runway that is only 1000m long?