PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice!!?

29th Mar 2006, 20:00
Hi,

I'm planning (well I certain) to become a professional pilot (ATPL). But right now I'm stuck at chosing the right way for me. The thing is, I have both, the American and the German citizenship. But we are all living in Germany. The other thing is that I want to fly with an German airline. But training is much less expensive over there in the states.

Well there a these three ways I think would be the best for me (but I'm not sure).

1.) I do my training over here at a German Flight school.

2.) I do my training at an American Flight school.

3.) I do part of my training in the States (PPL) and then complete my training at a German school.

If you have any other ideas for me, please let me know.

Have you ever heard of this flight school in Rochester ? http://www.rareaircraft.com/

What do you think about it? The thing is if I go there (for my complete or just a part of my training e.g the ppl) I could stay with my uncle. Then I won't hav eto pay for housing etc.

Thanks

I'll be happy top here your opinons soon and let me know if you have other ideas for me or think otherwise.

Fancy Navigator
29th Mar 2006, 20:08
Hi
Think very carefully about committing large amounts of money and time into basic professional training.... A CPL/IR/MCC and 250 hours won't give you a job in an airline, unless you are very lucky or knows someone. It is a bit of a catch 22...Very frustrating!
If you like flying and already have a well paid job, just keep flying at the weekend.
Sorry if it is not what you wanted to hear.
FNav

29th Mar 2006, 20:21
I know about the risks that's why I asked about the best way for me. And I've already made my decision!

30th Mar 2006, 09:44
I would be very pleased if someone could help me!

GusHoneybun
30th Mar 2006, 12:47
And I've already made my decision!

In which case, what on earth are you asking for? If you want someone to blow sunshine up your arse then you have come to the wrong place.

If you want some advice, read the sticky post at the top of this forum, it outlines in detail the difference between JAA and FAA training. Then you might have a question we can help you with.

30th Mar 2006, 16:19
???

Sorry, I really didn't want to get on s.o's nerves. The thing is that I made my decision to go for the ATPL. But I'm still not sure which way i should choose. I thought this is a place to ask questions. Well maybe I was wrong. I know that almost every question was answered before. So why don't you guys make a page where all information is collected than nobody would bother you with such silly questions like mine. And believe me I already did a lot of research my self. I have tons of information.

But the thing is was asking for your opinion. I thought thats why pages like this one exists.

So if I harmed anyone and if my thinking was wrong then please delete this thread. And I'm sorry if my english is not so good like yours well maybe that's because I'm German.

So, once again. I'm sorry for bothering you guys. It won't ahppen again.

Bye