PDA

View Full Version : Decision time....??

samlee2006
28th Mar 2006, 17:04
:) Hi everyone,

I have few questions. Just like everyone, I have great desire to fly for major.
Let just say an opportunity (hypnotically speaking) present it self for a job to fly A320 as a F/O and the other job to fly twin as PIC.

As I mention my dreams, is to for an airline In Oz or anywhere, What would be the best decision? Which one would you go for?

Sam… :)

Capt Claret
28th Mar 2006, 19:58
Personally I wouldn't mix hypnotism and flying; not at the same time anyhow. ;)

But on a serious note, if your aim is a major in Australia, PIC time will stand you in better stead in the long run than will A320 F/O time without any substantial PIC time.

Many a pilot has been thwarted by the command hurdle - not enough PIC time to hold a command. :ugh:

Edit for typo. Fancy taking the pith and then making a spelling mistake! :eek: Buster, you wouldn't have a link to an "egg on face" smiley, would you?

RENURPP
28th Mar 2006, 23:20
But then again cc being "hypnotised" whil flying may relieve the boredom!
Wouldn't it be good if we could "hypnotise the F/A's, get them act however we want ............come to think of it, thats already been done by Virgin.

AerocatS2A
29th Mar 2006, 00:07
Flying as an A320 F/O would be fine as long as the company in question has a system in place to give you the required command hours for an ATPL (ICUS?). How do Qantas do it with their cadets?

If they don't have that, you may find yourself stuck as a career F/O. Now being an F/O is fine when you know it is a temporary position, I don't think it'd be that flash as an ultra long term prospect though.

Hugh Jarse
29th Mar 2006, 00:24
Let just say an opportunity (hypnotically speaking)

That would be a foxymoron, no?

R.Cruizo
29th Mar 2006, 01:23
As Commander Claret suggests, probably the Twin PIC is a safe way to go. Today though , who knows, I have + 5000hrs Turbo-prop ( half Command, half F/O) and can't get a job with an Airline because I have no " Jet" time.

My advice, go to university and try something better !

Cloud Cutter
29th Mar 2006, 02:26
... or move to a country without such non-standard civil aviation law. If you can get an A320 job, take it. Then simply do the NZ ATPL theory and flight test (or FAA for that matter).

Buster Hyman
29th Mar 2006, 05:23
Foxymoron...isn't that a FA???

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/str.gifincoming!!!