PDA

View Full Version : Professional Air Training

sam34
28th Mar 2006, 12:54
hi! :)

What do you know about this School at Bournemouth ?

no sponsor
28th Mar 2006, 13:02
It's got a good reputation for first-class training, not only from the past students but also the examiners. I did my ME/CPL/IR there last year. It's a shame that these sorts of places are not recognised as being streets ahead of their competition by the airlines.

If you search the forums, there are quite a few posts about the place. I don't think I've ever heard of a bad story regarding the training or their standards.

Sky Wave
28th Mar 2006, 14:59
Completely agree with no sponsor. I was there in early 2005 and can confirm that it is a superb school with very good instructors and that the CAA examiners rate the school.

Sam34.... you'd best duck because the sarcastic reply instructing you on the use of the search facility must be incoming from someone any minute. :ok:

porridge
28th Mar 2006, 17:03
Don't know anyone personally from the school, but it does have a good reputation in the industry.
I have said it before, but this is the kind of school people should be looking at to do modular as opposed to the expensive, heavily marketed, pilot factories.

acw350
28th Mar 2006, 21:00
Hi all well as a recent student at PAT i can highly reccomend them to anyone, they are upfront about the price unlike certain other schools with hidden costs. Very professional hence the name and get you through in minimum time if you are right for the test. If you put in the effort so will they and the aircraft are in very good condition and well maintained to get you through the course. The staff and instructors are very friendly and good at what they do and keep in touch after you leave in the event you need any assistance with job hunting or indeed any support for any job applications you have to do. I have nothing bad to say about them and if anyone wants to ask me anything about them feel free to message me.

Safe flying

Sprawler
29th Mar 2006, 09:22
As a former student, I can also echo the above comments. In fact, at one of my flight tests, my Examiner commented that in his opinion, PAT was the best FTO at Bournemouth. He found students from PAT were generally better prepared for their flight test than those from the other schools. As No Sponsor says, its a shame more airlines don't approach schools like PAT directly when looking to recruit, especially when you consider the Examiner's comments and that two of those other schools located at Bournemouth are CTC & Cabair!
Like any school though, I suggest you pay them a visit before making a decision.
Best of luck.

trainer too 2
31st Mar 2006, 20:11
PAT is a great place and I can recommend the place. Have flown at other places in the BCPL era (THE WHAT?) and found these guys great.