PDA

View Full Version : another isp gone bust - domain lost??? Help!

Wing Commander Fowler
28th Mar 2006, 12:19
I have up until yesterday been using an isp called frISP to host my domain courageous.it, about two months ago he stopped answering queries to any of his customers as demonstrated on the forums on his homepage frisp.com. Now, as my service was continuing and I was paying my 1 euro a month on the button (through paypal) the service continued with me a happy bunny. Didn't need support anyhow........ This payment reminder came through and I forgot to pay. No problem, the reminder came through and I paid. Should be ok err...... I think! Then reminder number 2 came - I replied that I had paid, should be ok.... err.....??? Then reminder number 3 arrived and account suspension! Obviously this was an automated process which, without human intervention, was always likely to run this course.
Now, the fun begins..... I found another isp to host and they gave me new nameserver details but I can't access the control panel to change these settings. My "maintainer" TUCOWS doesn't seem to be interested as I have contacted them as the listed maintainer and they fobbed me off! nic.it the registrars for italian domains say there's nothing they can do and "good luck"! Does any one here have ANY idea where I should go from here as I don't just want to throw away the domain and email addresses along with it!!!

Heeeeeeeeeelllllppppppp meeeeeee pleeeeeeaaaase!

zoink
28th Mar 2006, 15:01
WCF
Who did you register your domain through?
if it was TUCOWS then they hold the root record so they should be able to modify the record to point to new nameservers by just you supplying the new information
have a look at the following - Especially Section 3. REGISTRAR OBLIGATIONS.

ICANN is the internet policing agency for domain names and registrars..

http://www.icann.org/registrars/ra-agreement-17may01.htm#3

3.2.2 Within five (5) business days after receiving any updates from the Registered Name Holder to the data elements listed in Subsections 3.2.1.2, 3.1.2.3, and 3.2.1.6 for any Registered Name Registrar sponsors, Registrar shall submit the updated data elements to, or shall place those elements in the Registry Database operated by the Registry Operator.

So if they are not giving you the time of day then get a legal rep and get a formal letter stating the above (quote loss of earnings if appropriate)

Wing Commander Fowler
28th Mar 2006, 15:22
good man ZOINK!! Now how come the new isp didn't direct me there?

Cheers mate

boogie-nicey
28th Mar 2006, 15:37
go ahead and try www.centi.co.uk, I'm with them and they have to date not let me down :)