PDA

View Full Version : cancelling exams

Cullear1
28th Mar 2006, 11:07
Hi there I was wondering could anyone offer me some guidance on this matter, I was booked to sit my Met and Flight planning exam in January past, two resits btw, however I didnt feel that I was ready to resit these two, so I sent the email off to the CAA the week before the exams asking to have my booking cancelled, I also tried to call them on the telephone but needless to say I couldnt get speaking to a human being in the CAA building just kept getting passed from option something to option something else on the automated system, so anyway the CAA have said that they did not receive the email and therfor though I was not even there for the exams, they will be counting it as attempts and failures.??????? Does anyone know if I have any recourse on this?? any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

EGBKFLYER
28th Mar 2006, 11:27
Sounds a bit harsh, but the rules are quite clear:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=175&pagetype=90&pageid=2525

I don't think you'll have any recourse. Have you talked to your groundschool? They might be able to help/ advise further.

Linda Mollison
28th Mar 2006, 11:59
I had this problem with the CAA a while back - I had sent an e-mail which they said they had not received (not to do with exams - something else entirely). I forwarded my original e-mail to them (so that it had the original date of sending on it) and they accepted it as proof that I had sent my orginal e-mail.

Provided you got the e-mail address right this may help. Its worth a try anyway.

Linda

helicopter-redeye
28th Mar 2006, 14:10
Always transact business with the CAA by FAX so you have proof of dispatch at your machine.

The CALL to ensure they got it.

Never a problem then.

Your GS should be advising you on these procedures (and probably giving you the direct number of the person in exam bookings)

h-r;)