PDA

View Full Version : Glandular Fever

Chadzat
28th Mar 2006, 07:53
Hi all,

Not directly related to aviation or me for that matter, however I would like to know how long a person who has had Glandular Fever is contagious for after full recovery?

I have read conflicting reports on the internet and am confused as to whether the person will forever be contagious or not. For the record I have never had the illness nor has anyone in my family.

The reason I ask is that I have met a potential girlfriend who has just recovered from the illness about a month ago. Being a pilot (and a self centered one at that:} ) it would be pretty devestating to catch the illness.

Cheers

airborne_artist
28th Mar 2006, 08:32
The reason I ask is that I have met a potential girlfriend who has just recovered from the illness about a month ago.

Love it - bet a) she doesn't yet know how lucky she is and b) you've got a big watch :E :E :ok:

got caught
28th Mar 2006, 12:14
Don't kiss her for at least another 4 weeks.

If you do catch it, its unlikely to be the end of the world, and you will probably be immune for the rest of your life following the illness.

Is she pretty?

Loose rivets
28th Mar 2006, 16:36
Trust me on this one. If you do get what is also known as the 'kissing disease', you could be about as ill as a bad flu....for much longer. You could also feel generally unwell for a year, needing to sleep much more than normal etc.

It is a valid reason to have a degree course extended (don't know the correcte term) for a year. LR

Take expert advice.

Chadzat
29th Mar 2006, 03:11
yes she is rather pretty "got caught"!

At this stage of my life though i would rather not have the symptoms "loose rivets" describes than have a good time with this girl. I just needed to know if there is any risk of me catching it and it seems there still is. There are other fish in the sea.

Thanks

got caught
29th Mar 2006, 07:30
Ahh young love ........!

But the serious answer, is yes, she is infectious, until her symptoms resolve.

The balls in your court- flying career or pretty girl ? :)

Its a difficult call;)

(But you could have a good time without kissing her !)