PDA

View Full Version : Finally my ASIC has arrived !!! CASA has ripped us off again !!! see sticky above

Mr Porter
28th Mar 2006, 04:04
Woomera please dont relocate this post to the other ASIC post again. Me and and others have stopped reading that post as it is so long and repetitive. I believe this is a different issue although about the same topic. I would appreciate it if you could leave it as its own independant post. Cheers. :)

Hi all

At last (cutting it very fine to the cut off date) CASA have finally got their act together. I received my ASIC today and I’ve been hearing many others in the Sydney area have also.
Just a query! I have received my ASIC today and paid my fees for a card that is valid for 2 years before paying again to renew again. One would think that it should say March or April 2008 on the card. On my card it sais August 2007 which really means I have been ripped off 7 months. I didn’t even apply for one until the 26th of December 2005. Is it my fault that CASA have been delayed and so backdated the dates on the cards? Are other cards out there in the same situation as me or is my situation unique? Normally I’m not one to moan and complain but this whole ASIC shi*t has pis*sed me off enough and now I’m sick of these people that have created this drama now trying to rip us off

I don’t know how much the ASIC renewal will be every 2 years but lets say it will be $110 for argument sake. This means every month our ASIC will be worth $4.60. Multiply that amount by the amount of months being ripped off (7) and that equals $32.20. Multiply that amount by the some 15,000 registered pilots requiring ASICs (correct me on that figure if I am wrong) and we have almost half a million dollars in CASA'S pocket! Almost $500 000!!!
You tell me...... Is this a genuine mistake or is this yet again another one of CASAs money hungry schemes to f*uck us all over? :yuk:

Cheers......porter

tom19
28th Mar 2006, 04:54
where is my damn ASIC CASA?????????? :mad:

Applied in december and still nothing....cutting it way to close...:mad:

Woomera
28th Mar 2006, 07:55
I am going to close this thread also as I have the ASIC one and draw your attention to the sticky above, where further discussion can be had.

May I ask you to repost your comment there.

I take your point, we have do not have an agenda but monitoring two or three threads on the same subject is time consuming.

Woomera