PDA

View Full Version : FLYJET OPS

TJ747
27th Mar 2006, 21:44
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what it is like to work in FlyJet Ops as I see they are looking for an Ops Assistant.

Anyone know what is planned and what pay is like pls.

Many Thx

Marko79
5th Apr 2006, 07:57
Hi TJ747 ,
well, i guess that best think you can do for a better understanding flt dispatch job is take a look on this web site : http://www.dispatcher.org/
cheers ,
Marko79

diesel862
7th Apr 2006, 08:37
Flyjet have ops assistants? - those were the controllers for the ops supervisors!!

Their Ops is broken down into three aspects:

Ops which is 10% of your time, Crewing 40% of your time and the remainder doing administration as in hotel, transport, air tickets.

Pay is about average for the industry and it can be very boring on nights but the ops controllers are a great bunch to work with.

If you want any further details contact me privately.

Diesel

JesterOps
13th Apr 2006, 14:10
Flight Ops is a great job to be in - I work for a charter carrier as an ops controller and it invariably fluctuates between boring days and great days, but for those with an interest in aviation and lacking the necessary to actually fly, its an involving and interesting alternative. Most airlines do stipulate some background in the aviation/airline business however - I started off doing office admin for a year. Recently been on an Operations officer course run in Bournemouth, and the differences in the various airlines/operations controller job roles and equipment seems to vary greatly.