PDA

View Full Version : Oriental Thai

Nearing Retirement
27th Mar 2006, 17:36
Anybody have any contact details/information on Oriental Thai? Could be fun flying 747's out of Bangkok for a few years.

6feetunder
27th Mar 2006, 18:29
Only if you enjoy doing it for free. They have a habit of missing paydays.

kwaiyai
28th Mar 2006, 01:59
More like a few months. Listen to 6feetunder,:8

NZ X man
28th Mar 2006, 05:43
Haven't worked there, but the word on the street is stay away unless you are really are into grief and sorrow, and bad managment!:confused:

b747heavy
28th Mar 2006, 18:32
There are now only 3 "Western" crew left in OT on the 747, to the best of my knowledge, from nearly a dozen or more in recent months. This is not meant as slander against those that are there now, as some of them are good operators from established airlines and backgrounds, but this could be seen as a 'cleansing' and could give you some idea of Managements thinking and objectives??

I worked there for a couple of years, had a ball and really learnt how to operate the 747 in, more often than not, difficult conditions. That goes for everything...flying, maintenance, the whole works...

You have to take OT with a grain of salt and reap what it can offer, whatever it is that you decide you need...then get out!

The enjoyable part to it all is living in Thailand...:} :E

cheers,

Heavy :ok:

AAIGUY
28th Mar 2006, 20:50
Agree with B747Heavy, it's what you make of it.
It by no means is a reputable outfit, but some of the guys are good, DFO was decent (before he left - new guy is questionable), and it was a very good learning experience.

Air Polygamy
28th Mar 2006, 21:20
what r their requirements?

AAIGUY
29th Mar 2006, 17:19
Be Malaysian or possibly Indo/Philipino

SmoothCriminal
31st Mar 2006, 01:04
Hello "HEAVY"

Hope life is well,,,, See ya when I See ya

Smoothie.... :ok: