PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight Training Housing???

PAJ
27th Mar 2006, 16:21
Hey Everyone,
I'm off to Florida to go and finish my PPL/ Night Rating at OFT. Paperwork seems to be in order now, I'm slowly but surely getting through the ground school stuff and hope to get at least four of the exams done before I go. However, I going off the point! I was just curious as to what to expect of the OFT appartments, hoping to get some input from anyone who has stayed there fairly recently. Jean-Pierre has confirmed that my stay out there will be in the appartments, and I was just wondering what they were actually like. The pictures online look very appealing but is this just a marketing tool? Also any other advice info./ advice anyone wishes to offer would be most welcome!
Thanks very much.
PAJ

alex1
30th Mar 2006, 08:35
I havent stayed in the apartmets at OFT recently, I did however stay in them in 2004 and will do again this april.
The apartments there I found fairly good in 2004, you get a single bedroom and normally share an apartment with 2 others.
Yes those pictures are a marketing ploy, although saying that you do get the use of a swimming pool and a gym, and depending on the kind of people you get to share the apartment with will depend on the state of the rooms, like anywhere I suppose.
Basically to sum it up, for the money you pay, you get a fairly decent place to shack up.
Good Luck with the PPL, I will probably see you there depending on when your going.
Cheers.
Alex1

PAJ
30th Mar 2006, 08:59
I appreciate the response. I'm actually not heading out there until July, but if you're still out there, yes we'll prob bump into each other. Good luck with your training!

tagdenmedro
30th Mar 2006, 11:06
Hi PAJ,

I was there with a client in Jan 2006 and we stayed at the appartments in Sebastian. Its nice and clean and quiet, and i found the invironment very satisfying for en intensive PPL course. However there was no internet at the time. The airport is five min. away. The best of luck - remenber there is no such thing as a perfect flightschool, but OFT is doing a very good job

gbpck
14th Apr 2006, 19:38
hi there, i too was at oft in jan doing CPL/IR

the appartments are pretty good, there are two places, Heron Lakes, a 5 min walk from the airport which are supposed to be a little dodgy and Polo's which was where i stayed which is a good 20 min walk but more than fine, fully equipped, had a small pool and we managed to get free cable hooked up and hop onto other peoples wireless connections!

we had a really great time, some top people and instructors, and a few dodgy ones...! wotever u do have minimum contact with the old bag in dispatch!

over n out
CK