PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Application !!!

Melway
27th Mar 2006, 06:57
A quick question all regarding Qantas Application. Part of the documents Qantas requires you to send with the application, they ask for 'CASA Prerequisite Repot', anyone has an idea what that is?

I did ring CASA up but they weren't sure. I have a feeling it's a summary of your exam results.

Would appreciate anyone who can help shed some light on this.

Thank you :ok:

Tempo
27th Mar 2006, 09:07
Hi there,

When I applied Qantas required a 'Examination Result Summary' which listed all results from attempted exams. I imagine this is what they are after.

However, it may have changed-just give them a call and ask.

Cheers

airway_manual
27th Mar 2006, 11:03
Yeah the 'CASA Prerequisite Repot', is basically a statement of exam results.

I just got mine sent to me.........cost me $35.00

boeingwest
27th Mar 2006, 11:47
airway_manual

Hi mate, you seem to be 'in the loop', why do you think QF want to see this? Is it 'actual proof' that you have passed all CPL/ATPL subjects, or is it to see how studious you are?? Not sure if you failed any, but does failures come up on the report from CASA? I have failed 2 ATPL's, now ASL said failures are not shown on their report, but I have seen old school CASA ones that do show your failure marks, like if you failed say Navgiation 2 times it would read:
ATPL Navigation = 67
ATPL Navigation = 69
ATPL Navigation = 72
If you could let me know, I sometimes wonder why we jump through all these hoops for the rat hey, ehh, where else we gonna go?
:ok: BW

Roger Copy Ta
27th Mar 2006, 12:06
[QUOTE=Tempo]
all results from attempted exams.

You mean all results from attempted CASA exams right? Do they want all your school results or just the required passes, Maths and Physics?

Bendo
27th Mar 2006, 22:00
Roger,

the basis of the questions in the interview (and their perusal of your academic history) is that the best predictor of your future behaviour is your past behaviour.

They want to see that you either have the natural smarts or the application to have done well at everything you have done before, and more importantly, to have done it first time. Last thing they want is a training basket case on their hands, it's an airline not an Intensive Care ward for academic cripples.

Which is why, I suspect , amongst other reasons, I didn't get in. ;ouch:

So YES they will look at all your results, in so far as they are relevant; if you have done a degree since the HSC they might be more interested in that, but I'm speculating now.

Hooroo.