PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand

Saxon
26th Mar 2006, 12:08
Hi There,

Does anybody have the scoop on ANZ? Currently I am flying a turboprop in Canada, and am considering a change of scenary.

There have been a couple of threads on Avcanada regarding a move down under, but some of the replies tend to conflict with one another. For example, I have heard it is both very easy, or extreamly difficult to gain resedancy status and convert licences, depending on whom you talk to.

A couple of questions I have;

What is the current recruiting market like for pilots down under, and do you anticipate a trend up or down in th forseeable future?

Is there even a requirment for pilots from overseas at this time?

Any ifo is greatly appreciated,

Fly safe!

Cloud Cutter
26th Mar 2006, 15:51
No further hiring from NZ for at least the rest of the year. Still 20+ alpicants on yes letters awaiting start date. I would be surprised to see more interviews before mid 07.

Converting to a NZ license will be a piece of cake. They do take some overseas pilots.

Saxon
26th Mar 2006, 19:39
Thanks CC,

At least its's spring here now; but I guess I will have to brace myself for at least one more winter of walkrounds at -40c !!!

Sax

distracted cockroach
26th Mar 2006, 21:46
I know of at least 2 kiwis who have gone the other way - NZ to Canada, as the opportunities were better there at that time (admittedly 4 or 5 years ago now)
Both had previous Canadian time, and are now skippers at Westjet.

rmcdonal
27th Mar 2006, 01:29
At -40c it would be a dam quick walk-around.

Saxon
27th Mar 2006, 15:28
At -40c it would be a dam quick walk-around.

Yep....you can't even kick the tyres without breaking a toe.

LookinDown
28th Mar 2006, 02:46
More of a skate around??