PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Tool Trade

Apophis
26th Mar 2006, 02:11
Page 9 Geelong Advertiser March 9 Story Tool Trade

Nearly $270000.00 worth of tools stolen and sold on e bay by purchasing officer who now has 212 charges of theft and 719 charges of obtaining property by deception.:eek:

Apophis
26th Mar 2006, 02:15
Page 9 Geelong Advertiser March 9 Story Tool Trade
Nearly $270000.00 worth of tools stolen and sold on e bay by purchasing officer who now has 212 charges of theft and 719 charges of obtaining property by deception.:eek:

inthefluffystuff
26th Mar 2006, 06:53
Apophis

Would like to read that story how do I get to it?

Apophis
26th Mar 2006, 07:01
page 9 25 march sat geelong advertiser not on web Unfortunately and Qantas wants people on the floor to cut costs they are being robbed and don’t even know it.

inthefluffystuff
26th Mar 2006, 07:56
Thanks will look for paper,heard a case of missing tools by an employee but me tinks all would not just be the work of one member? this would be a bit of a worry down that way I would assume?

Now to find out if Geelong Advertiser gets up to my way.

Apophis
26th Mar 2006, 08:01
it was one person federal cops dragged him out of a meeting.

Turbo 5B
26th Mar 2006, 09:34
What's the rest of the story.

Apophis
26th Mar 2006, 23:43
he ordered new tools took them home and sold them on e bay he was probably the only part of avalon making a profit we should be selling tools not fixing aircraft:ok:

Ultralights
27th Mar 2006, 05:34
i always thought that anything sold to Qf, be it tools or services etc were always sold at a premium, and hence would not have a profit margin when onsold to the public.... i learnt this when going to a local hardware store in my QF gear, looking to buy some fasteners for funriture or whatever, i was told a price, and couldnt believe it, i said your kidding and turned to walk out, he asked, is it for you or for the company? i replied, myself, he said, in that case, its this much.... about half of what he was originally going to charge me.

Apophis
27th Mar 2006, 06:57
How true Qantas payed a premium for the brand new tools and he sold them on e bay for a 100% profit to himself quite an Achievement.:ok:

Turbo 5B
27th Mar 2006, 08:52
Only 100% profit?
If he paid $0 for the tools and sold them for any amount the profit is not measurable in percentage terms.

Apophis
27th Mar 2006, 09:05
needless to say he made money qantas did not.
Really have to give him points though he was mangements golden boy and they were clueless as to what was going on.

wing surfer
27th Mar 2006, 09:29
They tried KLM but KLM doesn't have CASA approval and HAECO is about to be audited by CASA because CASA has some worries.
Honestly is anyone suprised.
Is it VH OJO by any chance?

Turbo 5B confirmed it is VH-OJO, it tis the first of many more contestants, future sites are yet to be comfirmed and future A/C are also to be confirmed. allocations are keeping tight lipped about the whole thing.(surprize, surprize, surprize)

BHMvictim
27th Mar 2006, 13:43
i always thought that anything sold to Qf, be it tools or services etc were always sold at a premium, and hence would not have a profit margin when onsold to the public....

uhhhh... thats right. QF paid top dollar for the tools and Mr Toolcrib operator sells them for around the same price and pockets the money. Basically theft.