PDA

View Full Version : CPL how much training ?

biggles3
25th Mar 2006, 23:28
Got my 200 hrs ppl. Now its onto CPL, can anyone say how many hours training (approx will do), before I can take my CPL flight test.
Or put it another way, how much will it cost .... approx?

This is a real life question, I can read the sales pitch anywhere!

scrambler
26th Mar 2006, 01:00
A good question, but I would suggest it depends on some variables.

1/ The Training organisation.
Most of the "larger" city based schools will quote a required syllabus involving somewhere around 6 or 7 navs. These may go beyond your needs to achieve a commercial Licence.
Other schools will only do a couple of navs to check your current level of flying and airmanship.
2/ Your current ability, experience and attitude.
If you are self disciplined and fly to a commercial standard and have all the pre requisites met (such as cross country and IF Time) there is no reason why you shouldn't be ready for the flight test after a couple of quick navs.
This would include experience and confidence operating within controlled airspace.

I was in a similar situation, 450 hours, NVFR, some twin command and lots of controlled airspace flights. I had been quoted 6 or 7 navs, even pricing on the uniforms I would be require to wear whilst spending MY MONEY.

I decided to choose a school that wasn't out to rip me off. Ended up with a bit of aircraft handling, two navs and a flight test.
Another guy with similar experience but less Controlled airspace work took a few more navs at the same school.

I know that this is an Aussie example but I am sure that it is the same for you guys in the land of the long white cloud