PDA

View Full Version : Low Cost Flying Schools!

nano kiero
25th Mar 2006, 22:07
hello there...

does anybody know what's the best place for low-cost flying school anywhere in the world,,
schools in the UK is damn expensive.. i really dont think everybody can afford it

pls share your information!

thanks

mcgoo
25th Mar 2006, 22:53
you don't state what you want to do, you could go to the US, south africa, australia???

nano kiero
25th Mar 2006, 23:01
yeah i know that SA or Oz is cheaper,,,

any recommaded schools?

im looking for CPL tranning with ME,

thanks

pomme pilot
26th Mar 2006, 08:02
Personally I can vouch for 3 Western Australian flying organisations. The Aeroplane Company is a very professional organisation, with some NEW diamonds. The Royal Aero Club of WA, is also very good. They are a large establishment, with a big fleet, and large student numbers, which can limit availability sometimes. They also have the advantage of having a JAA school on base, although I do believe that it is a different entity, using the RACWA facilities (may be wrong.) Finally Ad-Astral out of Perth Airport for the IR. Extremely professional, and industry experienced instructors. Feel free to PM me for more info.

nano kiero
26th Mar 2006, 10:30
thanks man, real helpful information.... im browsing their websites now...

by the way.. anybody heard of schools in Asia eg, Singapore,malaysia,Hong kong,Japan.. etc

i heard that flying schools in asia is much cheaper than US or Oz.

thankx

trainer too 2
26th Mar 2006, 19:54
After training at a low cost flying school can you make sure you also fly in low cost air space....

The question you ask is the wrong one. The question should be where can I get the best quality training for the funds I have available :8

bafanguy
26th Mar 2006, 20:24
hello there...

does anybody know what's the best place for low-cost flying school anywhere in the world,

i really dont think everybody can afford it

thanks

The military in your country will have an excellent, and VERY low-cost flying school; cost to you....nothing but your time and intellect.

nano kiero
26th Mar 2006, 20:36
i still didnt get helpful answer!...

Yeah sure,, quality is very important,,, but not costly as im not rich! :confused:

about the military thingy... i dont think it's good idea since im not intersted on wars!... i want to be a peacful pilot!,

ciao

D'vay
26th Mar 2006, 20:53
Riverside flight center in tulsa is about the best value for money you're going to get. They have a great tie with airways flight training in exeter and the training in Tulsa is geared (for the europeans) towards passing skills tests back in the uk. riversides ability to do this so uccesfully seems to come from a great understanding of both FAA and JAA licencing making the best value for the students and training to the high standards of both. I had an awesome time whilst I was out training with them. PM me if you have any questions. I'm off to tulsa again on monday
Regards
D'vay

Kinetic
26th Mar 2006, 22:47
If you fancy staying in the sunny UK, I hear stapleford Aerodrome in Essex is very good and no-where near as expensive as other UK schools.

nano kiero
26th Mar 2006, 22:54
thanks for the site... thats school sounds nice...

actully,, im not living in UK,,, thats why i was looking for any school in Asia

any helpful addition will be appreciated

ciao

EchoMike
28th Mar 2006, 13:56
Hate to tell you this, but money is what makes airplanes fly - not Bernoulli, not lift/thrust/weight/drag, if there's no money, it isn't getting off the ground, period, full stop, end.

Figure you'll need (guesstimate) 45 hours of airplane time - expect to pay $50 to $55 per hour (that's in the US, expect to pay more - sometimes much more - elsewhere), so you have a minimum of $2,500 in just airplane rental.

Now add an instructor for say, 20 hours, at say $15 an hour (cheap!), there's $300 more, you'll need $300 worth of books, supplies, charts, now you are up to over $3,000, and you better add another $500 for incidentals, surprises, unreimbursed expenses (stopped for fuel and lost the receipt), you will probably want to buy a headset, it does add up.

If you are not doing this "all at once", you'll spend the first 15 minutes of each hour re-learning what you forgot from last time, so now you'll need 50 to 55 hours total time, so the airplane rental portion just went from $2,500 to $3,000.

These are USA prices, and that assumes you already live here and have a place to stay, are eating your meals at home, and driving to a very local air strip. If you need to travel to another country looking for a good price on the flight training, you may spend anything you saved on the costs of living there - you can't camp out on the airstrip.

Two large parts of the $55 per hour rental rate are fuel costs - which are MUCH higher outside of the USA, and maintenance costs - which are also much higher outside of the USA - an awful lot of flight training worldwide is done in Cessna 150s, and that is about as economical an aircraft as you are going to find.

The local weather is a factor, too. If it is good, you can fly most of the time. If it is regularly crappy, you may never get this done.

What I'm telling you is that you will need to accumulate between $4,000 and $5,000 to do this - there really isn't any significantly less expensive way to do it.

Airplanes cost money, and he who rides must pay. Sorry. But it is worth it.

Best Regards,

EchoMike

nano kiero
28th Mar 2006, 16:46
dear EchoMike (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=130355) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2484086", true); ,

i was suprised when u r telling that i can fly for 55$/hour!

iv search alot of schools,,, getting PPL only with 20 hrs + 20 solo,, cost at least $10.000-15.000,, the chepest school that offers PPL+CPL,, will cost about $35000,,
and by the way,, im not living at the US

pls guid me to any nice school at the price u told..

ur help is appreciated

thanx...!

boogie-nicey
29th Mar 2006, 09:12
before you start flight training towards your CPL/IR perhaps it would be wise to check on your use of spelling. Flying is still a profession and not a mobile phone texting service.

Sorry to point it out but you don't want to get pulled up on that later on in your career. Hope all else works out fine for you :)

nano kiero
29th Mar 2006, 09:23
before you start flight training towards your CPL/IR perhaps it would be wise to check on your use of spelling. Flying is still a profession and not a mobile phone texting service.

Sorry to point it out but you don't want to get pulled up on that later on in your career. Hope all else works out fine for you :)

lol,,, kinda true,, maybe later on will change this!

thanks for advising.

regards,