PDA

View Full Version : Mahal kong Philippine Airlines...

capt macario sakay
25th Mar 2006, 13:00
Much has been said & done about the pilot exodus in PAL- PAL went to congress thru Congressman xx, twisted the arm of ATO Chief N. Jatico for AO 1016, went to DOLE to claim that pilots are "national interest", plus a lot of press releases by Mr Jaime Bautista (present PAL CEO), Mr. Avelino Zapanta (former CEO) & Capt J.Hernandez (SVP-Flt Ops).
The real bottom line here is it is costing Mr Tan money now that he is losing pilots. Since when was PAL pilots of "national interest"? Why didn't PAL take care of 'em before since they are of "national interest"?
And then here comes Mr. Zapanta & J. Hernandez claiming that PAL is being bled dry by the foreign carriers by poaching on its pilots. And this two puppets believe that because PAL's profitability is now on a brink, we might lose the flag carrier and be a nation of super ferries! Such imagination & delusion!
You know who's bleeding dry PAL? Its the majority stock holder- Mr. Tan himself. He can afford to make PAL lose money or just break even. Why & how? Its simple actually. Look at who's supplying & providing materials and services for PAL, its all Lucio Tan company one way or the other. Let me name them: Maintenance: Lufthansa Technik (LT) co-owned by Mr. Tan, Security, Janitorial service- Nomboko, PAL main office, PLC buliding, PLC parking lot, company water, Flight catering(Macro Asia), snacks in the flights, candies, duty free items, uniforms, aircraft leasing, banking etc. etc. Its all "money in" for Mr. Tan. But to PAL...well?
Eversince Tan got hold of PAL he's been complaining "LUGI!" So why don't you sell the airline?!!! Mr. Danding Cojuangco is interested. The Ayalas bidded for it before.
Cut the crap hidding behind "national interest", "profitability" & "poaching".
PAL, you want to stop losing pilots? Do you think its just salary? Why dont you sit down with them & reason with them. They are not asking for the moon. Do you really think that PAL is any different from Indian, Sri Lankan, Thai, Vietnam & S. American carriers.
We are men of reason after all.

planestupid
26th Mar 2006, 00:21
Capt M,

you are right no the money. LT is a union buster, now he is complaining to congress that his precious pilots are leaving. Sounds like the bully in the sand box is crying to mommy!! I'm glad i'm out of this BS.

kontra
26th Mar 2006, 02:39
Right on!!!

To set the records straight, I love PAL. I am proud that I once flew for PAL, and that I am willing to fly for it again. The main reason why I am out is because of the present management. If there will be an change of management up to the level of capt xxx, then I would probably go back.

LT's interest is considered "national interest" baceause he paid for the election campaign of most of these politicians and some of them are still under his payroll. It is not cheaper to train anymore. Now, it is cheaper to pay/bribe politicians than give increase.

capt macario sakay
26th Mar 2006, 05:39
Right on!!!

To set the records straight, I love PAL. I am proud that I once flew for PAL, and that I am willing to fly for it again. The main reason why I am out is because of the present management. If there will be an change of management up to the level of capt xxx, then I would probably go back.

LT's interest is considered "national interest" baceause he paid for the election campaign of most of these politicians and some of them are still under his payroll. It is not cheaper to train anymore. Now, it is cheaper to pay/bribe politicians than give increase.

Yes Kontra, I love PAL as well. It was a dream for me to fly for the national flag carrier & it turned out to be a nightmare in the end. The sad thing is, even if PAL changes management the next managers will be the same because of the majority stock holder. Everything boils down from leadership. Maybe if PAL will have a majority stock holder who is an "equal opportunity" employer like Mr. Danding Cojuangco or the Ayalas then maybe "I shall return".