PDA

View Full Version : Finance?

bananapeel
25th Mar 2006, 10:55
How do you guys pay for the Licences, not everyone has $30k+ lying around for the CPL. Do you get loans or what? I am just about to attempt my GFPT (all paid for by myself). But I want to do a CPL course once is finish year 12. What would be my best option regarding finance?

hair of the dogma
26th Mar 2006, 01:56
How does how I got my money together help you get yours together? You will find it is a mix of working and saving, borrowing from finance institutions and borrowing from parents.

And you may as well get your SE/MECIR or at least the money for it together now. You can't get a real job without one.

hair of the dogma
26th Mar 2006, 02:02
I will rephrase that it is usually one of the following; working and saving, borrowing from finance institution or borrowing from parents. Or maybe a mix.

MBA747
26th Mar 2006, 02:52
I suggest you get yourself a Degree or something else as a backup first.

On todays prices the flying costs going from zero to CPL/MECIR & Instructor Rating is between 65K & 70K.

There is a huge surplus of pilots out there especially young fellows dreaming of the shiny jet they HOPE to fly, only a few make it.

The universities are producing about 180 pilots a year not to mention the TAFE's and the flying schools. Competition is very stiff and unless you make the airlines salaries are poor.

Risk/Reward is negative unless you have good contacts in the airlines.

Raising money, your parents are the best source, saving money takes too long.

boeingwest
26th Mar 2006, 02:56
BANANAPEEL:

Is your Dad a C&T on the 763 @ QF? :confused:
Then sell a kidney like I did! :}

BW