PDA

View Full Version : New AirNZ Uniform

nostril.hairs
25th Mar 2006, 09:31
So you Air New Zealand people slip into you new unif:ooh: rm on Monday.

It looks pretty damn disgusting to me.

What's the general opinion?:)

gatfield
25th Mar 2006, 12:21
nostril hairs,

Are you like me, had a few too many wines and considering things which really on the grand scheme of things , mean nada?

Maybe you can help solve this dilemma;

I like travelling on budget airlines cos I am poor - which means Virgin is good.

But I don't like Virgins' uniforms , that pale tan colour is just a bit yuck really and the shape of those dresses with the silly little belt. Spew.

I've always enjoyed Air New Zeland ads - beautiful scenery, some maori singing - all good. But now they are getting crap uniforms I really don't know whether I should continue travelling with them.

Boating attire has always appealed to me, maybe I should only travel places where cruises go?

Life is too hard some times. I'll go back to writing letters for fundraising for the orphans from the civil war in Sudan.:\

tinpis
25th Mar 2006, 22:35
Bloody awful.
Looks like it may have been designed in Hamilton?
Sorta St Vincent de Pauls on acid. :ugh:

pakeha-boy
25th Mar 2006, 23:16
that wouldnt be the "Hamilton" where you fellas lose at rugby,and then call the place boring, would it???.....drink plenty of tinnies,turn out the lights....and those uniforms look bloody great....

troppo
25th Mar 2006, 23:59
don't knock hamilton...you can't go past the outback inn on the weekend...:O

boeingwest
26th Mar 2006, 01:12
I must say, the lady tech crew in skirts is a nice change. More airlines should follow suite, its bad enough the women look like men in 'men's uniforms', bring some skirts and heels into it yowwwwww :eek:
discuss. :}

tinpis
26th Mar 2006, 02:47
Most of the current crop of kiwi sheilas look like men.

Discuss.

boeingwest
26th Mar 2006, 02:51
Don't 98% of female pilots?
Ouchhh
I'll just get my coat:\

Howard Hughes
26th Mar 2006, 02:55
I would have thought skirts would be most impractical for tech crew, how about shorts?;)

I am sure shorts would work great!!:ok:

Waka Rider
26th Mar 2006, 03:00
Hamilton the Pacemaker of the Waikato

pakeha-boy
26th Mar 2006, 04:04
so tinpis......are you saying you like men?...interesting.........

Waka mate.....no truer word spoken....great pig hunting country!!! PB.

Cloud Cutter
26th Mar 2006, 07:11
I don't think you'll find any tech crew wearing skirts (cabin crew, yes). I think the uniforms look pretty good (I'm certainly no fashion expert as some of you appear to be though). As long as it's comfy.....:ok:

btw, there's heaps better pubs in H-town than the Outy!

27/09
26th Mar 2006, 09:23
As long as it's comfy.....

Is the rumour true that 80% of the male tech crew trousers were returned as they were too tight ? I am told correct waist size ordered but poor/tight fit around certain parts of the male anatomy. If true, a poor reflection on Zambesi.

troppo
26th Mar 2006, 19:54
27/09, they must have used the australian pattern/sizing, everyone knows us kiwis are hung :E
cloud cutter, true but in terms of eye candy....

distracted cockroach
26th Mar 2006, 21:41
I think tech crew, skirts and 5 point harnesses are mutually exclusive.

As for the appearance of female pilots......who cares if they can do the job.
It might even be better for the guy in the other seat not to be distracted by the stunning looks of the captain (or F/O or S/O), coz we all know how much trouble some have keeping themselves under control!

I guess the women pilots are lucky that all male pilots are sooooo attractive!

kmagyoyo
26th Mar 2006, 22:36
My observation (sexist as all hell); if dress size is less than or equal to 10 it looks great....especially when its cold :E

As for us Pilots....its free, not double breasted, polyester or pleated!:ok:

tinpis
27th Mar 2006, 00:29
Air NewZealand flight attendants show off their new uniforms.
http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Heritage/Photos/Disc11/IMG0096.jpg

pakeha-boy
27th Mar 2006, 00:52
bloody beautys arent they......the girls from the shearing gang(roustabouts) turned stewardess.....see mate,a versatile lot....:} :} :}

kmagyoyo
27th Mar 2006, 00:54
Bloody versitile look too seeing the tie is optional....pure genius.

pakeha-boy
27th Mar 2006, 01:06
someone turn on the air-conditioning......"the cold factor" ay K

pakeha-boy
27th Mar 2006, 17:56
....and to add insult to injury..the bloody things are made in china(partly)...what parts ..who cares......looks like the outsourcing bug has reached all facets of AirNZ.....from uniforms to Engines....absolutely pathetic...but then it should come as no surprise:mad: .......

OVERCHINA
27th Mar 2006, 20:35
How about someone posting some photos so we can have a look:)

tinpis
27th Mar 2006, 21:12
Swords may be worn in cruise.http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughpound.gif

http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/uniforms4/French-Armee-Aire.jpg

Hanz Blix
27th Mar 2006, 22:22
Yes its true over 80% of the paints went back, the fit is still terrible (wedgey factor) all day!

Poorly made, poorly thought of in design and bloody ugly. :} All this for what?????????????? could have saved the money and some engineers jobs in the process

SMOC
27th Mar 2006, 23:06
Yes its true over 80% of the paints went back, the fit is still terrible (wedgey factor) all day!

Well I'm not surprised if they are going to paint them on there's going to be some wedgey factor :E

27/09
28th Mar 2006, 02:23
All this for what?????????????? could have saved the money and some engineers jobs in the process

How true.

Without the jacket on, tech crew now look like prison warders, MAF, DOC or army personnel, take your pick, certainly not like tech crew.

Tinpis
Zambesi could take a few pointers from your pic!!!!

tinpis
28th Mar 2006, 03:14
Tinpis
Zambesi could take a few pointers from your pic!!!!

:E :E Well they was on the right track with this little number...

http://www.xtramsn.co.nz/homepage2/imageView/0,,2785299,00.jpeg

Sunfish
28th Mar 2006, 03:53
I trust these uniforms are made of.....wool?

Mr Proachpoint
28th Mar 2006, 10:12
It was 14 years ago when the uniform was last replaced. Wonder how long we'll get out of this one. Must admit though, on a nicely assembled (female) hostie, that gear looks foxy as.

MAPt

Hanz Blix
30th Mar 2006, 21:33
Standby just digging the paints out of my a>>>>>>>>>>> :} Yip they are 100% Marino wool made in china:eek:

Ah yes MAPt you are correct it does look good and maybe worth the wedgey factor just to continue viewing:ok:

GorgeousKiwiGal
21st Apr 2006, 06:22
The new uniforms look great, on the right people. Unfortunately most of the female cabin crew haven't had the chance to have their uniforms tailored as yet, so they are hanging like sacks ... but the ones that I have seen tailored look gorgeous. Zambesi were intentionally going for a "timeless Thunderbirds" look ... hence the pointy airforce style hat and black knee high boots.

The men's CC uniform looks absolutely awesome ... very sexy ... but again only when it's tailored. From what I have seen so far of the female CC uniform it looks awesome if it's the pants and fitted blouse combo with the blazer, or the fitted blouse, skirt, blazer and sexy black knee high boots combo. I am yet to see the dress look good on anyone ... although I imagine it would look sensational on a sexy hour glass figure if it was more fitted!

The female Pilot uniform is gorgeous. It does NOT have a skirt option, purely for safety reasons, but it does offer very stylish fitted trousers, sexy fitted tailored blouse and tailored jacket. It's very feminine and stylish and the pilots that I have seen so far look sensational in it. The new male Pilot uniform is absolutely gorgeous. The men looks very handsome. Although, those with a few extra pounds tend to stand out a little more in their new shirts shirts!! LOL!

tinpis
21st Apr 2006, 06:39
I wanna see a gorgeous kiwi chick.!

http://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/img/new/kiwi_chick.jpg

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughpound.gif

Show me the money !

CashKing
21st Apr 2006, 07:46
One of the most distinctive features of visual culture during postmodern times is the disaggregation and heteroglossia of dress codes and styles. The wide range and quality of fabrics, trims, colors, silhouettes, and particularly stylistic modes as well as the broad array of accessories spanning the spectrum from footwear and headdress to jewelry and hair style display an unprecedented openness and fragmentation in the history of post-Enlightenment Western clothing conventions. This is not to deny the existence of a fashion system complete with highly articulated rules and codes against which innovation, convention-breaking, revolt, reinflection, contradiction, and pluralization take place. Within the field of cultural studies these and related propositions are illustrated most memorably in Dick Hebdige's classic book, Subculture: The Meaning of Style, which, it will be recalled, charts the differing styles during the l960s and 70s of teddy boys, mods, skinheads, Rastas, and especially punks in relation to both the historical conjuncture of mainstream hegemonic culture and the contentious constellation of various male subcultural groups in England.In postmodern culture, youth styles often combine dress with argot, dance, and music, creating shocking ensembles set against the reigning symbolic order; style is a way of being and resisting. Innovation in fashion is less a matter of creativity ex nihilo than of mutation and pastiche. Punk fashion, with its torn tee shirts, orange hair, safety pin piercings, necklaces of toilet chains, plastic pants with multiple exposed zippers, and mask-like makeup, effectively demonstrates not only the simultaneous systematicity and disorganization of late twentieth-century dress codes, but the spectacularized heteroglot visual culture characteristic of postmodern social regimes.

27/09
22nd Apr 2006, 00:43
Cash King

WTF???????????????????????????

CashKing
22nd Apr 2006, 05:24
A key innovation of the carnivalesque, heteroglot, disaggregated culture of postmodernity is the notion of multiple subject positions, in which subjectivity emerges as a sociohistorical construct cobbled together from the many roles and situations occupied, willingly or not, by "persons" whose agency and values, fantasies and desires, cohere in contradiction. Because the formation of identity, moreover, passes by way of continuous mirroring effects afforded by others, self images are social constructions wherein dress plays an important performative role. In a world of looking and being looked at, clothing constantly undergoes coding and decoding in intricate processes of social interaction and judgment. The subject is clothed, and body images belong to monitored cultural inventories and practices. In the highly visual world of postmodern times, subjectivity unfolds in a play of images. For good or ill, fashion has become increasingly connected with identity formation and maintenance among all classes, races, and groups; its scope and significance are less and less restricted to upper and middle classes in metropolitan centers.
http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/Vincent.B.Leitch-1/tab.gif By way of exponentially expanding market and media disseminations, mainstream Western fashion has penetrated remote enclaves, extending the disorganized, postmodern phenomena of widespread strategic reinscriptions and shocking ensembles. Meanwhile, in the centers the long-standing modern paradigm of drably clothed and accessoried males and decked out females has eroded, generating not a simple reversal but unstable eclectic post-modern modes of dress.

Capt. On Heat
27th Apr 2006, 05:51
:mad: So.......does that mean you like it?