PDA

View Full Version : Do MAS or AA accept ICAO license??

JW@747
25th Mar 2006, 09:04
Hi,do anyone out there know whether MAS or Air Asia accept an Icao license from a malaysian citizen?Also.....does anyone- here or know someone who is succesfully enter cathay pacific as soon as they graduate from a flying college/school?Thanks and appreciate!!!:)

fhchiang
25th Mar 2006, 09:09
hmm..

you're a Malaysian... why don't u enter local flight schools????

well... i have a story here..

i know a AA pilot... did a 3-year aviation degree in Australia inclusive or CPL/IR training........ came back.. instructed for 700hours+++ got into AA

JW@747
25th Mar 2006, 10:02
Hi fhchiang

do u know any 1 who get into the airline as soon as they graduate? The AA pilot u mention,did he convert his license?

As for ur info,by comparing everything in detail,joining the flight school in MAL was more expensive and u obtain fewer flying hour?beside that, I 've been told that flight school in malaysia,mfa was not a good choice for self-sponsered cadet.The reason,u will found out urself in there.Or else,make it short and simple"Mfa only focus on MAS and AA cadets".

Anyway,r u an cadet or what?do u know anything bout cathay pacific?

THANKS!!!

fhchiang
25th Mar 2006, 11:53
yes he converted into a malasyian license.... he is a malaysian.

ok.. as for myself..

Currently, i have a SLOT in HMA at 29th MAy.

at the same time.. i'm in the middle of MAS cadet selection.

Psychomotor(PASSED)
MISPA( taking it next week)
Interview(pending)
Medical(pending)

Hopefully, GOD will grant my wish and help me pass all the stages....

Cross Check
25th Mar 2006, 12:42
It's DCAM's perogative if they will allow conversion of a foreign licence (ie fresh licence) to Malaysian. Several years ago it wasn't an issue and conversions were done, but in more recent times it has become an issue and locals have had no option except go to the likes of Melaka and Langkawi. Government protection of the industry? Probably, but what to do lah.

Another possibility is train O/S, but expect to have to sit exams and filight tests (at MFA) - credit given for hours flown only (this method does exist in the MCAR's - DCA's interpretation). You'll know what you're doing at least, but it will increase your training costs. Another alternative in the MCAR's is to convert a foreign ATPL - will require at least 3000 hours, sit Pro Air Law 1&2 plus HPL, probably a flight check - but up to DCA. Heard of another option, but not sure of the truth, get your foreign CPL, fly on that here IF you can land a job with it. Sit all the CAA ATPL papers here and get the hours to activate, but don't pin your hopes on this method.

Personally I think you would be better off experience-wise to go O/S, but at what cost to your career? :uhoh: Dunno if there are any Malaysians operating on foreign validations. Suspect that if there were any, they would also be on short (3 year) contracts.

JW@747
26th Mar 2006, 07:00
Hey, any news bout "MAS planning 2 sell their B747"? what bout those pilot on this fleet eh??:confused: and the A380-what is MAS planning to do with it??? ANYONE???:)

Latif-Returns
26th Mar 2006, 07:00
you're a Malaysian... why don't u enter local flight schools????

fhchiang maybe he didnt want to waste $50 000US on that brothel known as MFA or he actually wanted to learn how to be a real pilot with a real licence.

I've said from day one that MFA is a joke and the pilots being pumped out are nothing more then "yes sir" and "they didnt teach me that sir" pilots.

As for DCA, speak to that tosser Mr Williams. Not only will he say your ICAO (yes ICAO) licence will not be worth the paper it's printed on, but you will have to fork out more money and make your way to beautiful Melaka for world class and USELESS flight training.

jetjockey696
26th Mar 2006, 13:15
latif-returns

HUGE ENCORE!! right on! bro. This guy is right.

What I heard is that most pilots from MFA or so call MILF, have not pass there commercial pilot test... the DCA wants locals cadets to fly there M reg planes (the famous Amos AIRBUS) soooo bad that the DCA are rubber stamping there licenses even if they do not pass the flight test.

"I cant fly too good, but do I look cool in my uniform sir" and sir reply "it ok..you pass...lah, you learn to fly at AA or Malaysian..you smoke??"

I know because i heard a few captain at these establishment telling me that he should off loaded the first officers at KL rather telling OPS "when I return to Kl give me a F/O, who know what he is doing and not a monkey please"

fhchiang
26th Mar 2006, 13:23
yes MFA..

i've heard many rumors from people inside MFA!!

CPL/IR backlogged 3 months because of not enough intructors.......so can barely fly..

BTW... i heard HMA is better managed than MFA.....

Stixks
27th Mar 2006, 03:22
JW..........Check out the Fragrant Harbour Forums about info on Cathay Pacific............They are pretty good!

JW@747
27th Mar 2006, 04:53
Hi.....Anyone here from MAS???

any news bout the company plan 2 sell the 13 "B747" along with some others fleet?thanks!!