View Full Version : JAR66 Renewal

brookhouse
23rd Mar 2006, 20:35
License renewal is fast approaching (3 months away) and career changes have taken me far, far from the sharp-end world of Certification. I worked hard for my licence (1970) and I would like to keep it as a fall back but it appears I may as well wave it goodbye and get on with life away from the cut and thrust. I wonder if anyone has been here before and knows the options?? Is that it - License in the bin forever, or is there some other option. Any info' appreciated or a pointer to the appropriate Airworthiness Notices or equivalent.

Rigga
23rd Mar 2006, 20:57
If you have been working in the Aviation Industry - but in a back-office job such as QA/Airworthiness/Tech Services/Records/planning - you should be able to keep your licence(s) and any types on it.

Just apply for a normal conversion to Pt 66 stating what you have been doing and for how long.

If you have been "out of the industry" for more than two years - (IMO) forget it.

If you still have any doubts phone or e-mail the CAA with your query. They will answer an e-mail but not quickly.

allthatglitters
24th Mar 2006, 13:57
By the way it's now called a PART66, there is now talk of more changes.

OLD LECKY
24th Mar 2006, 14:42
EASA PART 66