View Full Version : Lady Pilots

PinkTights
23rd Mar 2006, 18:45
How are women aviators being recieved in the Middle East?:p

My question pertains to both women as CA or FO, corporate or airline.

My concerns regard the role/placement of women in that society.

Thank You!

tic
24th Mar 2006, 01:42
Hi P/tights
GF has 1 woman F/O and ex Brittania. Another on her way, having just joined, from what I hear. Good stuff. Qatar, I think has a few, and apparently Emirates, is training up a local candidate, or two. GF on re-cruiting drive in OZ, for cabin crew.

Left Wing
24th Mar 2006, 08:22
A320 or B737 NG PIC will get you a very plum job in India, local women pilots make a large % of the pilot force in India:ok:

distracted cockroach
27th Mar 2006, 09:32
I was told that Air India was the first airline to have an all female flight-deck crew. Goes to show that women's lib isn't purely a Western thing.
Cool eh?

Bredrin
27th Mar 2006, 13:31
I believe Air Jamaica may have beat the Indians to it with an all female crew. Air Arabia has at least 3 A320 Lady FOs, all of whom had type ratings prior to joining. Apparently upgrade is also in the pipeline for them. Take care Pink Tights

Stubenfliege 2
27th Mar 2006, 18:38
Hi ya,

as far as I know, Arkira has a few. I have heard about a FO on a Dash 7.

leftseatview
28th Mar 2006, 16:52
Indian(formerly Indian Airlines) Got its first woman Commander (on the 737) about 20 years ago.
and opertated their first all women crew flight about 15 years back(before Air India had recruited its first woman pilot)
about 10% of the total number of pilots is female(including quite a few Training and Line Captains)
Approx 80% of the Flight Attendants are female.
So the Roster ends up operating all women crews quite often.

Ahad Adump
29th Mar 2006, 05:57
Not Lady Pilot

It is ..... "LAZY PILOT"