PDA

View Full Version : quick ques

pgt1
23rd Mar 2006, 14:27
Hi

Had the 1st stage on 17/3

How long does it usually take to get a reply?

Thanks peeps.

QNH1013
24th Mar 2006, 02:34
Seems you were on the very latest round of interviews.

I hear it's about a week later then you can phone them and ask how you did, or they will contact you after about that time. Others will actually be able to comment better.

So would you care to share your interview experience?:ok:

All the Best.

Colonel W E Kurtz
24th Mar 2006, 04:00
PGT1

What was the format of the interview, also who interviewed you HR/FO,SO,CAPT,Management etc Were they harsh? Easy?
What sort of questions did they ask?
Thanx
Col.

barntrash
29th Mar 2006, 13:46
Hey All,
Recently back from phase 1 in NYC. Haven't heard yet weather I was successful, but I thought it went pretty well, We'll see. I was asked:
dutch roll,what causes the reversal
climb at constant MN, what happens to IAS,TAS, AOA
180 KTS GS on approach, what is rate of descent
Diff between 744F and 744
Go around in windshear, why not change config
windshear indications on my A/C ie PLI etc
Mn to LSS
33k ft temp -55 diff from ISA
Where does a typhoon form, why, water temp, what causes it to dissipate....cold water or moving over land
hazards assoc with typhoon
diff between flt controls on 744 vs 777
advantages with fly by wire

I was expecting MUCH more tech and less HR. About 40 minutes HR and 20 minutes tech. Either I dazled them with my brilliance or they had heard enough of my ignorance. Both guys REALLY nice. A very pleasant experiance regardless of the outcome.

the tech quiz had a couple questions that I had not seen on any of these posts.

frise ailerons, I saw it mentioned once in ace the tech, but it did not say what they were, I missed that one , said the up aileron does not go up as much as the down goes down, pretty sure those are diff ailerons...oh well

why is a taildragger more prone to ground loop? CG
anti cyclone....move fater or slower than a cyclone, a tricky way of asking does a high or low move faster

several questions have 2 answers that are really close, so read carefully

I think I missed maybe 4-5, I have no idea what the go/no-go number is

Anyway It was about what everyone said it would be
good luck all.

Cloud Cutter
30th Mar 2006, 20:18
You are correct, that description is for differential ailerons. Frise ailerons have a small protrusion at the base of the up-going aileron to increase profile drag on that side to counter-act the increase in induced drag on the down-going aileron.