PDA

View Full Version : Regarding MAS medical procedures for CADET

fhchiang
23rd Mar 2006, 12:18
hello..
right now.. i have an issue bothering me.. LEt's Say IF i do pass all the MAS selection stages and finally the next one is MEDICAL, do i need to perform a through medical checkup or i can just show them My Current Valid CLASS-1 from a former MAS doctor...?
as i have heard... MAS medical contains Threadmill, Blood test.... these two test weren't perform on me during my Class-1. during my CLass-1, all i had is
ECG,Audiogram,Chest,X-ray,Visual Acuity Test, Blood Pressure......
so if i pass all the MAS selection stages and they ask me to perform medical....... Is my Current Class-1 Medicla VALID(as far as MAS is concern)? or i have to do another one with their doctor?

camelbird
23rd Mar 2006, 16:14
The medical you did is for your licence, the one that you have to do is for your employment with MAS. Don't sweat it, cuz if you're not chronic, i don't think that's a problem. Have a good rest before and everything will fall in place.
Just think!, for the next couple of months you'll be enjoying all those wonderful exams and flt. test. And that, will be the moment of truth.
Good luck and welcome to the circus!!!:ok:

fhchiang
24th Mar 2006, 03:08
i have no worries regarding my health.... i'm only worried bout the eyesight...................

i'm afraid MAS sets a higher standard than DCA Malaysia

babyboeing400
24th Mar 2006, 08:26
dont worry..their limit is 6/60 without optical aids..which is a very very low limitation..hehe..i think more than 95% of the population has a better eye sight than that?

GTR-34
24th Mar 2006, 13:08
Bro if you can pass DCA, you can definately pass MAS. Good luck!

babyboeing400
24th Mar 2006, 16:24
and remember , the AMEs are there to PASS you..not to fail you...;)

fhchiang
25th Mar 2006, 02:17
because my eyesight is funny u know......

the other day when i go for my class one........

i need
R: -4.50D -1.75D
L: -4.25D -1.75D

Last week i check again,

R:-4.25D -1.75D(6/6)
L: -4.25D -1.50D(6/6)

i'm wearing
R: -4.00D -1.75D(6/9 is ok, can see some words on 6/6)
L: -4.00D -1.50D(same as above)

and.. sometimes i see better then 6/60, i manage to see the 6/30 line...... sometimes i see 6/60... sometmes... it's very difficult for me to see 6/60 ... so i'm a bit worried......

although my own AME doctor told me not to worry.. but i'm still kind of worried.

fhchiang
25th Mar 2006, 08:09
BTW babyboeing... you might not believe me... but not all AME are out there to pass people......
Personally... i've been to 3 DOCTORS before getting my class 1.

the first doctor was Aviation opthalmologist...... He said my eyesight didn't meet the standards....for both DCA and Australia. LOL!!!!!!! isn't that funny?

R: -4.50D -1.75D
L: -4.25D -1.75D

I'm damn sure i'm withing limits... hahahha...

Never mind... i took his eye report and went to a AME in Kuala Lumpur...

HE REFUSED TO EVEN PERFORM ANY CHECKS AND TEST!!

he said " Young Man, even if i give you your class-1, what are your chances of getting employed with airlines if you are the only candidate who wear glasses out of 10"?......(i'm grateful that he told me this.. yes.. but getting employed is my problem...also he is not paying for my training... if there's any hopes of me being an airline pilot i will take it.. i don't care whether it's slimmed or what...... i want to sit in an OFFICE 38000 feet above sea level.. that's my lifetime dream)....... So... he refused... and i'm devastated......

Luckily.. i phoned another doctor and told him about my situation.... he analyse and found nothing wrong....

i went to him... did some checks... and issued me my Class-1(he cannot give me CASA because the eye-doctor didn;'t approve)

.. i really Thank the 3rd doctor for keeping my dreams alive............

so bototm line... Not All AME are out there to Pass you.

Perhaps it's racism, the first two doctors were Punjabi(MANGALI SINGH) ....

the doctor who cleared me was a chinese. I'm a chinese.

the Aviation Opthalmologist was quite arrogant... when i ask him for my eye report... he blardy mouth answered
" Hey Boy, you failed the eye-test u still want to waste money(another RM25) on the eye report ah??"

I WAS FURIOUS!!!! whether i failed or not.. it's his job to write me a report....

I LEARNED SOMETHING. SOME AME ARE OUT THERE TO FAIL YOU BASED ON SKIN COLOUR