PDA

View Full Version : Scottsdale Flight Academy .... Any comments?

Ben Parkin
23rd Mar 2006, 11:20
Hi all, I am looking at Scottsdale flight academy ( SFA ) to begin my long journey to cpl, has anyone had experience of them , any recommendations or warnings would be gratefully heeded.
Many Thanks
Ben

zooloflyer
23rd Mar 2006, 11:29
Are you talking about SFA - Sabena Flight Academy - www.sfa.be (http://www.sfa.be) ?

I know they are located in Scottsdale, man o man nice weather there! I think they now have an agreement with KLS from KLM to train pilots there.

I recently met some guys who did their full training there - from PPL to CPL IR and ME in 6 months. They seamed very happy about it and their flying skills were more than OK.

Although a little expensive and off course the link with Sabena or any other major airline has vanished...

Ben Parkin
23rd Mar 2006, 11:47
The school ive seen is called Scottsdale flight academy, based at scottsdale airpark, i didnt see mention of sabena, but it might be the same? A friend lives a few miles away from there and will put me up when im training which is a winner :ok: they just seemed the best in the area, but i will take recomendations, my friend lives in Anthem , any others i should look at as the google search doesnt provide me with many options?
Many Thanks
Ben

zooloflyer
23rd Mar 2006, 12:21
The name of SFA in Scottsdale was even different; I think SATC meaning Sabena Airline Training Center.

Good luck

speedrestriction
23rd Mar 2006, 13:20
Quote Zooloflyer: "Although a little expensive and off course the link with Sabena or any other major airline has vanished..."

Incorrect: They have a good relationship with S.N. Brussels

Keygrip
23rd Mar 2006, 14:03
Have you considered that you are all discussing two different schools here?

Sabena Flight Academy (SFA) is on the third floor of the building, 14605 North Airport Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85260 - "Scottsdale Flyers" (Scottsdale Flight Academy - SFA) is on the first floor.

a320jokes
23rd Mar 2006, 14:47
WOW - talking about confusion!!!

Good luck finding the school!:ok:

Regis Potter
24th Mar 2006, 18:10
Sabena Airline Training Center is the name of the organisation Keygrip is describing on the third floor; it is a wholly owned subsiduary of Sabena Flight Academy located at Brussels National providing JAA integrated & modular flight training for the issue of a JAA CPL/IR, MCC/Bridge & Type rating training.

Scottsdale Flight Academy on the ground floor is an FAA Part 61 FTO who do not offer training for the issue of JAA licences.

Anthem is not a few miles from Scottsdale.

Ben Parkin
24th Mar 2006, 18:34
Thank you Regis Potter, I was just going off the websites i have read,
My friend lives in Anthem and told me it was quite easily commutable from his house , have you any recomendations you could suggest in this area being that i will be staying in Anthem ?

Regis Potter
24th Mar 2006, 19:24
Ben,

You live in Chichester so is it safe to assume that you wish to train for a JAA CPL? If so you are limited to Scottsdale at the moment although that will change in the future as OAT is relocating to Goodyear (KGYR) SW of Phoenix.

Anthem is about 40 mins commute in good traffic but can be a nightmare during peak periods.