PDA

View Full Version : Initial Class1 Medical Results

the_daddy
23rd Mar 2006, 10:44
Hi there people,

I recently had my Initial Class 1 done at Gatwick and all seemed to go according to plan as the nurse 'suggested' I had nothing to worry about...

(Would they have told me there and then even if I did have something to worry about?!!)

However I was just wondering how long it actually takes to receive the certificate through the post? I have heard it can take upto two weeks?
I know I'm being a bit eager here, but I'm desperate to get it in my hand and need to know how many days I have to suffer!!

Thanks for your help.

aswind
23rd Mar 2006, 11:44
However I was just wondering how long it actually takes to receive the certificate through the post? I have heard it can take upto two weeks?
I know I'm being a bit eager here, but I'm desperate to get it in my hand and need to know how many days I have to suffer!!
Thanks for your help.

Hi daddy, I've received my class one only 4-5 days later.... so quite quickly!

don't worry for the result.... if they have told you not to worry about (if few words nothing wrong) you should be fit! :ok:

Let us know! bye
A.

chrisbl
25th Mar 2006, 19:59
My medical was done on the 17th March, certificate receved on 23rd March complete with agreed deviation on eyes.

Pretty good service from the CAA. I was dead impressed

the_daddy
25th Mar 2006, 20:07
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm still waiting at the moment. Was hoping to have it pop through the post today so that I could book some things up this weekend, but never mind... maybe monday!

I was really impressed with the treatment I received at the medical too. Everyone was friendly and polite and made me feel completely at ease which was helpful as a newcomer to this industry!

Was quite funny being sat around in a gown for the afternoon though!

the_daddy
28th Mar 2006, 14:12
Wohoo!!

I decided that after almost 8 days waiting it was best to phone the lovely people at the CAA medical center. They advised me that my certificate had been posted out the following day but must have been 'lost' in the post...

Phew, at least there's nothing to worry about and best of all I passed!!

So pleased! Although what on earth has happened to the royal mail? Lots of things being mysteriously 'lost' in the post at the moment.... but that's another thread on another borad I guess!

Cheers

littco
30th Mar 2006, 22:14
I wouldn't worry, I had a nightmare of a class one medical.

Firstly the perimiter road at gatwick was closed so the map they sent me was wrong, by the time I worked out how to get to the the CAA there had been an accident and the road to the centre was closed so I ended up parking up on the hardshoulder and walking in.

On my hearing test the machine broke and the noises I thought I heard weren't actually the ones I supposed to hear!!

The 2 people before me on the eye test passed out! and it was the eye sight exmaniners first day and he had to get the Dr. in to help. Which left me thinking, what the hell do they do in there to make them do that!

On my eyesight test I managed to get my contact lens round the wrong way, although not much difference between them I was convinced i had gone blind over night!

Finally, which I knew would happen my BMI came back at 30.1% which makes me Clinically obese! Which meant that I had to prove that being 5'11" and 15.5 stone doesn't make you FAT if you train at the gym....!

Anyway, I got my 1st class medical, Not sure whether the 2 guys who fainted did though....:}