PDA

View Full Version : cbt 737ng error msg

blackmail
23rd Mar 2006, 10:19
hello everyone,

i have a question for computor experts amongst you.
i have downloaded from the web a very good cbt programm for b737ng.
it works fine, except for a nuisance computor error message when clicking on the icone: "start training". the error msg is: " file not found. try using a complete pathname". when clicking on the button:"ok", the msg disappears & i can move on with the programm without further problems. i agree, it's only a minor nuisance, but is there anyone that can give me an advise how to get rid of, or how to comply with this annoying msg? many thanks in advance. for info, i have repeatedly redownloaded from the web & received a cd from the webcompany to no avail. my computor is the latest version of windows xp professional.

frostbite
23rd Mar 2006, 11:52
Only thing I can think of - right-click on the icon, select 'properties' and see if the displayed path is truncated in any way. If it is, complete it and click OK.

TightSlot
23rd Mar 2006, 16:35
Possibly it needs to be copied to a hard drive, since the program needs read/write access to a file to maintain a record of your progress?

vapilot2004
23rd Mar 2006, 19:06
Along the lines of what FB is saying, if it is only a shortcut issue, do right click on the icon, then LEFT click Properties. Make a note of what is showing in the TARGET area. You may test the shortcut's location accuracy by clicking FIND TARGET. If Windows cannot find the file and prompts you to browse, then browse to the file to reset the shortcut.

Perhaps an easier way would be to locate the file you want to run, right click it, then select SEND TO - and then choose DESKTOP (create shortcut). This will create a new shortcut to the program file.

I recall many of the original Boeing CBT's often require files to be in specific places to run, (as TS suggests). An edit of the router file pointing to the data file locations often gets the old WICAT and newer CBT's running properly - that is if you have the Boeing-published CBT.