PDA

View Full Version : Air Crash Investigations - March 22nd

Miss Heli
23rd Mar 2006, 05:12
Did anyone see Air Crash Investigations on Channel 7 last night.

I fell asleep on the ending and didn't see the conclusion of it, damn it!

It was the Egypt Air one. I fell asleep when they were 2/3rds of the way through, summising that it was the co-pilot (the one they called captain) who had a death wish.

Was that the case afterall...?

Whatever they decided it was, what a terrible way for anyone to go.

boeingwest
23rd Mar 2006, 06:04
I fell asleep on the ending and didn't see the conclusion of it, damn it!

G'day Miss Heli, HA! I too struggled too keep my eyes open, last night's show was all over the shop I reckon. Well there are 2 sides to the story, the yanks, and the Eqyptians. The final NTSB report said that "the A/C impacted the Atlantic Ocean due to control inputs from by the Relief Cruise FO". Yes, the Relief Cruise FO who they called "Captain" is the one I am talking about. The Egyptians said it was a catastropic failure of the elevator, but the CVR picked up a lot of strange goings on on the Flight Deck. Interesting how 160 of the worlds 767's (don't quote me on numbers) had this issue with the elevator being sheered rivets or something, and that the Egypt Air one had this also. Another thing Miss Heli that was pointed out after some Egypt Air Pilot's came forward to say that Eqypt Air tried to do a bit of a cover up, because the Relief FO in question was misbehaving in a sexual way on overnights in the US, trying to pay guests and maids at the hotel to come back to his room. If you remember at the start of the flight, in the jump seat was the 767 Chief Pilot, it came out that he told the Relief FO on the overnight that it would be his last flight (too the US or last flight in general [as in he was getting the arse - maybe work choices or something :yuk: ] I am not sure) so whether that made something crack I am not sure. Anyway lets hope next week's one is a bit better, it was all over the shop last night (probably a bit like my post now - sorry it's almost time for bed). Cheers! :ok:

Miss Heli
23rd Mar 2006, 06:13
Yep boeingwest, I did see that bit when he was being naughty and trying it on with the housemaids and when he was told it would be his last flight. I must have fallen asleep in the last ad break I reckon and missed the final 10 minutes. I hate that!

Did they actually say then that they could come to no conclusion because of the inconclusive evidence. That relief FO just seemed a bit odd to me, or should I say, the way he was portrayed in that yarn certainly had me thinking that he was happy to go out and take everyone with him.

Mind you, as I noted in the beginning, the translation of the Arabic that was being spoken on the flight deck to English can be confused for a start. Just odd to me that the relief FO didn't say much when he was asked what was going on.

I know what I would have been saying and it would have included alot of swear words.

I agree boeingwest, last nights episode was all over the place. Hopefully next week I can stay awake to watch the ending.