PDA

View Full Version : ppl training derbyshire

nadders
22nd Mar 2006, 21:03
Hello everyone.

This is my first post so please bare with me.

At last i'm in a position to begin my ppl. :O The thing is i'm not sure which flying school to join.

I live in North Derbyshire and have so far looked at Pheonix flying school and Sheffield aero club, both of which seem to be good. There appears to be somewhat of a difference in flying cost between the two clubs though. Can anyone advise on whether it would be better to go for the cheaper of the two or pay the extra, for the benefits of a club house etc.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these clubs or can anyone advise on any other clubs in the area.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Nads.

Lord Flashheart
23rd Mar 2006, 08:51
Try Yorkshire Flight Training based at Sheffield City Airport

Best of luck

EGBKFLYER
23rd Mar 2006, 10:13
Mods don't like people duplicating threads, but you might try this question on the Private Flying Forum too - might get more response...:ok:

windshear-a-head
23rd Mar 2006, 10:40
Hi,

I went to Phoenix around 1998 to do my PPL they were ok, however I didn't feel they were professional enough so ended up finishing next door at Sheffield. I'd imagine its totaly changed now thoughas we are 8 years on!

Cheers

scroggs
23rd Mar 2006, 12:37
I see this thread has been duplicated in Private Flying, which is where it should be. We do not deal with PPLs in this forum.

Scroggs