PDA

View Full Version : LHR T 4

MerchantVenturer
22nd Mar 2006, 10:35
Just a quick question re LHR T 4. I hope this type of query is appropriate to this section of PPRuNe. If not, I shall of course understand if the thread is deleted or moved and I apologise in advance if this is the case.

I have to drop someone off by car at T 4 on Sunday around mid morning. I literally want to pull up, offload my passenger with his cases, and drive away. Should only take a few seconds.

Is there a drop-off point available for this or will I have to go to a car park?

I try to steer clear of LHR and haven’t been there since before the Twin Towers atrocities so have no idea of current vehicle security arrangements.

Many thanks for any advice.

radeng
22nd Mar 2006, 10:41
Shouldn't be a problem - it's what frequently happens to me as a passenger. Just make sure your passenger allows plenty of time to get through the farce that is called T4 security, but is really a hidden 'Green' plot intended to dissuade anybody from travelling.

angels
22nd Mar 2006, 11:53
Yeah, what radeng sez.

You're quite right to want to avoid the place.

manintheback
22nd Mar 2006, 12:29
And to answer: The drop off is up the ramp. First class/Bus class at the far end for BA - Economy near to middle. Can be crowded but never too bad. Trolleys usuall by the terminal so needs one to get the trolley while the other waits with the car.

MerchantVenturer
22nd Mar 2006, 17:33
Thank you everyone. Much appreciated.