PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian.no Warsaw Base

LOTflyer
20th Mar 2006, 20:43
Norwegian just advertised for WAW based cabin crew and pilots. Would appreciate any info regarding conditions and the airline.
Thanx,
LOTflyer

Wannagohome
21st Mar 2006, 05:31
First…. I’m curious where you saw the advertisement. Their website (Norwegian) says they are not hiring.:confused:

Second…… I don’t have any info on them for you, but I would also like any info anybody here might have on them.:D

Thanks,

Helioil
21st Mar 2006, 09:19
:yuk: If you select the english page of their webside they are looking for pilots.
If you select the Norwegian language there are no openings for pilots.
HELLO UNION, WHERE ARE YOU???????:{ :{ :{ :{ :{ :{

Son of a Beech
21st Mar 2006, 09:24
It's said but true

http://www.norwegian.no/graphics/work/Advertisment_pilots.pdf

RYR-738-JOCKEY
21st Mar 2006, 13:53
I phoned them last week, and they made it quite clear to me that they are finished recruiting for the summer. Next opening will be in the autumn..Yet, rumours from insiders say they need 80 more pilots...Go figure.
:confused:

captaink
21st Mar 2006, 13:53
Instead of being

SlowAndSilly
21st Mar 2006, 15:21
Hi,

I agree, it's a sad day, but it's already happening in the SAS-Group. Air Baltic, B1 and for sure more to come...

brgds

Jetavia
21st Mar 2006, 16:59
Anyone know what is Norwegians normal hour requirements for F/O's?

Yes indeed sad to see companies putting pressure on their employees, by trying to find cheap labour. But will they actually be able to find these low low cost pilots? Several expanding lowcost airlines based in the east EU have been expanding for the last couple of years, so should think that source would soon dry up??

captaink
21st Mar 2006, 18:56
Instead of being

Bengt Engel
22nd Mar 2006, 10:12
what the fcuk is this?!?
norwegian trying to set up another base and paying pilots crap salaries?

they do have the best salaries in scandi as of now, so I guess they need to do something about it...but shame on those boys...

just remember that we are all prostitutes in this business...:E

braking action poor
22nd Mar 2006, 14:20
Yup, the rumours say DY was planning conv courses in aug, sept, oct, and nov; but the Management insists on only one course in august....

Someone in that company is really trying to blue print MOL's way of work....

As to their min req's: 1500 hrs + a 737-rating, or even better: 500 hrs on a 737 (no min hrs req), OR as has happened lately; fly a SE turbine thingie for 1500 hrs-pay Aviatraining for a 737-TR AND be in close family with someone important in the company.

Makes people with 2000+ hrs on a 737 think.....:mad:

northern
22nd Mar 2006, 19:59
Lot flyer,

can you please give us an indication about the average salary at other Polish operators?

So we can get an idea about the salary that will be on offer by Norwegian?

thanks!

heavydane
23rd Mar 2006, 02:07
Hi,

Maybe it is time for the Norwegian pilots to get their act together, the honeymoon is over, STAND UP AND FIGHT!

Happy hunting

Heavydane

captaink
23rd Mar 2006, 06:38
Instead of being

Stuck_in_an_ATR
25th Mar 2006, 17:58
airline pilots in Poland in general are very oriented towards european salaries and will never be stupid enough to work for peanuts in their own country. :cool:

As opposed to some Swedes, Brits and others, who come here, pay for the type rating (which most Poles just can't afford) and take OUR jobs working for food and jet hours... Sorry, just couldn't help myself... You must realise that this is working both ways! Expansion of LCC's in central/easrern europe has created more worplaces for "you" here, than for "us" there in Europe. Furthermore, since the base is supposed to be in Poland, why not hire Polish pilots? Or maybe you think that you, a better kind of people, should fly the airplanes and we, the easterners should be allowed just to clean them? Excuse me if someone feels offended, but this thread really pi$$ed me off...

braking action poor
26th Mar 2006, 00:18
Offended???

I don't think anyone posting replies on this thread intended in any way to offend any polish pilots!!!!

Our main concerne is that a company from one end (a high cost country) of Europe is trying to save a few quick bucks on setting up an operation in one of the eastern countries.

Noone can argue that hiring a polish pilot to work out of Poland, on a for Poland, good contract WILL be cheaper for this company than sending their own pilots to do the same job. It is not a matter of polish people, whom I have made many good friends in the last years, beeing better or worse than any western pilots. It is a matter of difference in living costs and salaries in general that makes this interesting for various companies!!

And no doubt about it, in some years the salaries and living costs in the EU will be similare, if not the same, making this a short term business for companies.

I know "my" company has overrun the polish airlines in the last 12 months with very cheap tickets, putting polish airlines out of business. We can not blame any pilots for this, that's the way the market works.

And for pilots moving countries to get a job... Well, though luck, Sherlock, that's one of the things the EU makes possible today. My home country is not in the EU, but we are still struggeling with people from the eastern Europe comming here to do a job at a much lower price than anyone here could do it for... What can we do; adopt/adjust/adapt, or sit on the fence whining about it.

But unless there is proper un-justice beeing done here, or someone really offends people; please keep to an adult level in any discussions.

WE ARE ALL PILOTS WORKING FOR THE SAME GOALS!!!