PDA

View Full Version : Hub Air Type Rating

FlyLau
9th Mar 2005, 18:30
Hi

I don't know if you've seen it but it is possible to perform a Type Rating on B737-300/700 at Hub'air. This includes also 10 legs of line training. They are associated with Astraeus.
I have heard nice things about this school, but i would like to have more comments on it...
The price is 29500€.

www.hubair.be (http://www.hubair.be)

Thanks

what who me?
9th Mar 2005, 20:39
More and more Airlines are getting confidents in the serious of Hub'Air and will select our students to ensure the safety of their operations
I am getting serious in the confidents as well! :confused: :confused:

Astraeus or Airlines customers will hire pilots trained on Astraeus Ltd IF there is a need.
Notice the IF in capitals? It's been said before: there are no guarantees!

10 sectors of line training? That's not even enough to start to realise what you don't know.

FlyLau
10th Mar 2005, 06:52
Yeah that's right but at least it is said at the beggining that there is no job at the end. I have seen that it is the same when you do the type at astraeus. But many of the pilots that did a type rating there found a job. But what do you think of the price? and do you think the school is serious?
Cause anyway it seems very attractive...

gonnabe
10th Mar 2005, 12:12
A fairly good price, I recon! You need to pay more than that at many schools - and then you'll just get the raiting.
Will you get rated on both classic and NG or is it either? If you do, the price is even better. A diff training usually cost somewhere around 1500-2000€.

FlyLau
5th Apr 2005, 11:44
Yes it includes the NG type also. The course starts the 25 of April, and i'lldo it.

flyboeing
18th Apr 2005, 10:53
Hi FlyLau

Like how you are writing, I think you are someone of the school making self-publicity.

I knew some guys who where there to do their training but haven't heard much positive about this school.

Thanks

heebeegb
18th Apr 2005, 11:44
Please, please, please all of you tempted read what pressman said. Don't do it!!! Please smell the rat. It's just one big money making scheme. What do you possibly have to offer an airline with tr and no time????

Viper2
18th Apr 2005, 23:44
A typerating and a few legs enroute wouldn't get you anywhere unless you are very lucky! Take care where to donate your money! :ugh:

flyingoli
28th May 2005, 11:33
Hi guys,

I think that the hubair/Astraeus type rating is very good for Belgian pilots. Because in belgium there is not a lot of ab initio's with a TR, so you have all your chances with companies like TNT,TUI and even Virgin exp. when the situation will be better. If it's not working in those companies don't worry a lot of of companies abroad are looking for belgian pilots.
But please l'ardennais forget Ryanair, as after the type rating with Astraeus they will ask you again somethings like 5000€ to do the Ryanair conversion course, then you will have to wait for a decent salary still paying for your prof check and others sims that you will have to do. As pilot you deserve better than that.

Cap Loko
5th Jul 2005, 20:32
Anyone finished the course at Hubair? Would like to know how you liked it.

rgrds.

swaairways
5th Jul 2005, 22:10
Brookfield? Could someone take a minute to fill me in? What am I missing out on and how much will it cost me?

TheFlyingDJ
20th Mar 2006, 17:53
Everyone,

I have a screening coming up with Hub Air for their type rating and would like to find out what I can expect. The day starts with an interview and goes on with a grading in a fnpt2 sim.
I have searched for some info but only found out something with MCC info.
Any info on this would be appericiated.

zooloflyer
20th Mar 2006, 19:16
I wouldn't stress too much and concider myself as a client (when you're paying 30.000€ that would be the least...).
It's pure business man; just selling you their stuff!
It's not like you're going to BA or something.

Good luck anyway!

Telstar
21st Mar 2006, 21:54
I would be carefull with this crowd. My frined had a very distressing experience with them. He was being shouted and screaed at by one of the instructors in the Sim sessions. He failed his LST which is not unheard of and they told him he was off the course. He was really left high and dry as he had paid all the money out and now had no type rating to show for it or the line training.

I would have to point out that he was not struggling or lagging behind in an unusual way or was he a particualr weak student, this guy just took a dislike to him. Just be carefull and know the risks of what your getting into!

zooloflyer
22nd Mar 2006, 09:50
There are some instructors that make you want to make a veeeery big curve and walk past them not closer than 3nm if you meet them one fine day...I think they deserted the army :}

You'll probably recognise the guys immediately; you know, the guys that were born with a licence...:yuk:

I would be carefull with Hub'Air, certainly when you are about to spend a Mercedes with them - not too much info around although they claim to train for major companies but when you ask the company involved you get an answer saying - never heard of that...at least bizar...

MrMutra
23rd Mar 2006, 07:27
Its a lot of money to spend, and also for a good friend would like more information regrading the selection process for them.

Has any one been through this selection and how is the quality of training with them ?

Thanks

Mr M

herta
23rd Mar 2006, 09:52
If you fail, you can go to the FSB and get your 737 TR + 100 hours on line for 22 000 euro.

Hogbergs
23rd Mar 2006, 10:16
True about FSB, but the waitinglist for the 100 h are very long...I'm there myself somewhere

The Flying Bok
30th Mar 2006, 20:19
Can anyone clarify which organisation FSB are? I'm sure the answer is easy if you know it, but I'm afraid I'm in the dark on this one?

Jetavia
30th Mar 2006, 20:55
FSB = Flugschule Berlin

The Flying Bok
30th Mar 2006, 21:18
Thanks Jetavia, much appreciated. I have had a look at the website and requested further information on their type rating programmes.

If you have any other information on FSB and are inclined to share it your input will be most welcome.

Peter_CDG
31st Mar 2006, 11:24
The price for the rating with fsb is 16.800 euro. The conversion training ( from the -800 to the -300 ) is included. Also one additional checkride. Some instructors are working for Deutsche BA and Germania. It΄s possible to do the landings on a germania aircraft, I think.

despegue
31st Mar 2006, 15:01
The Type-rating with FSB is price/quality-wise one of the best choices.
Almost all instructors come from DBA,HLX,AB,GMX.
They will not fail you and leave you. Guaranteed.

herta
31st Mar 2006, 17:19
I just finished my B737 type rating at the FSB.
Price :
- ground courses : 16850
- 6 touch and goes : 5000 done with Sterling

The Line training program is 100 hours as PAID first officer. The waiting list for the line training is currently very long, (15 month) but they are working on new contracts with 2 other airlines (don t know which ones).

The flight instructors are from AB, Germania, DBA... and some of them were even pilots on the MIG 23 !!! (The head of Training, Micheal).

You don t have to speak german, everything in done in english.
If you have other questions don t hesitate to PM me.

DC-8
29th Apr 2007, 16:24
I'm considering the B737 TR course offered by Hub'Air followed by 100 hours of line training with Corendon Airlines. Has anybody finished this program or still doing it?

Do you know of any other TRTO which offers line training after the TR (A320 or B737)?

Thanks for your replies!