PDA

View Full Version : Opera Browser

lobanski
20th Mar 2006, 17:05
Hi all,
has anybody tried the Opera Browser system? And if so what are your thoughts...

effortless
20th Mar 2006, 17:12
Love it, it is much more secure than IE and has some really good features: Popup blocking, delete personal data, password management etc. It costs nothing to try it so give it a whirl. :ok:

Mac the Knife
20th Mar 2006, 18:41
Hi lobanski,

I just love Opera - it's a fast secure, W3C compliant cross-platform all-in-one solution for browsing and email. I use it by preference on most of my Linux machines. On Linux Evolution is a "better" email solution for me because of it's calendaring abilities, but OTOH it isn't integrated with a browser.

On Windows I tend to use Firefox and Thunderbird, though Outlook (not the Express version) is admittedly superb..... But Opera is tempting and I may yet make the switch.

Go Opera!

:ok:

Bern Oulli
20th Mar 2006, 21:18
Just recently downloaded it. Cracking little browser AND is the only one that correctly renders a web-site wot I wrote that is Strict XHTML and CSS2 compliant. All the others I have had to write "fixes" for specific browsers, especially that :mad: IE.

lobanski
21st Mar 2006, 07:23
Love it, it is much more secure than IE and has some really good features: Popup blocking, delete personal data, password management etc. It costs nothing to try it so give it a whirl. :ok:

Thanks all, i appreciate your input. Upto now been using Safari, will let you know how i get on.:ok:

BRL
21st Mar 2006, 10:26
Go for it, it is just great. Beware there are some sites that are not opera compatible so you will need to use IE now and again but other than that it is superb!