PDA

View Full Version : Durham Tees Valley Airport has Lodged a Petition to wind up EirJet

EI-BED
20th Mar 2006, 07:52
The Sunday Business Post / Sunday 19th March

A Manchester airport will go to the High Court later this month in an effort to shut down a Shannon based charter airline. Durham Tees Valley Airport has lodged a petition to wind up EirJet, a company headed by former Ryanair accountant Paul Schutz. The case is due to be heard by the High Court on March 27. According to recent accounts EirJet has retained losses of almost €180,000 for the year ending September, 30 2004.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Mar 2006, 10:19
Didn`t know that Eirjet came to any Manchester airports on a regular basis

G-I-B

DTVAirport
20th Mar 2006, 10:36
People posting in this thread are referring to "a" or "any" Manchester airports - I only know of three - Ringway, Woodford and Barton (I think I got the names correct) only one of which is capable of handling Eirjet. So I take it you're all referring to Ringway?

10 DME ARC
20th Mar 2006, 10:41
DVT
Manchester own East Midlands, Humberside and Bournemouth also!

:)

Re-Heat
20th Mar 2006, 11:37
Use google

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/web.nsf/Content/AboutUsAndOurGroup

A creditor of a company - especially where it has retained losses and few assets - is within their rights to obtain a petition to wind up a company. This has nothing to do with people ganging up on anyone, but is to ensure that businesses can recover their rightful monies.

Do you always consider affiliation of companies based upon logos? How about a more reasoned approach, else one might link BA and Nike.

MAN777
20th Mar 2006, 12:09
Manchester Airport is a PLC owned by Manchester city council and other shareholders these being the other metropolitan borough councils that make up Greater Manchester. As I understand it, British Airways has nothing to do with ownership of the airport, apart from a stake in the empty BA hangar, if they did it would become one big shuttle airport feeding LHR !

Sorry missed the above link !

niknak
20th Mar 2006, 12:18
DTV is owned by Peel Group, who also own Doncaster Robin Hood and most of the North of England, hence the possible confusion..

DTVAirport
20th Mar 2006, 12:32
And DoncSheff has a logo nothing like DTV or John Lennon, so I shouldn't associate two or more companies by their logos.

mmeteesside
20th Mar 2006, 15:01
Could it be from last summer? An Eirjet A320 was based at DTV for around 24 hours every week last summer (op'd [DUB-]MME-REU-BFS-REU-MME-BJV-MME[-DUB] most weeks)

mmeteesside

Kumsheen
28th Mar 2006, 16:43
Any Update from the court case on the 27th?

jmc757
30th Mar 2006, 10:36
A bit late, but found this THIS STORY (http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=1386383;s=rollingnews.htm). It seems Eirjet payed up and it never went to the high court.

Cyrano
30th Mar 2006, 10:40
Guess the next question will be whether Eirjet has to pay landing fees to the MoD for Ballykelly! ;)

DTVAirport
30th Mar 2006, 10:47
Guess the next question will be whether Eirjet has to pay landing fees to the MoD for Ballykelly! ;)
Or another question would be will Eirjet still fly to MME this summer after all this?

toolonggone
30th Mar 2006, 11:26
Whilst away in Jamaica on hols in January, saw an article saying Eirjet had defaulted on payments to Air Jamaica for leasing one of their A320s. Is the Ballykelly incident a nail in their coffin?

CarltonBrowne the FO
30th Mar 2006, 21:17
Perhaps they put the aeroplane into Ballykelly to hide it from the bailiffs?